From the other side
A terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable
Every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible
Take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
-lyrics by David Draiman and Disturbed

This song describes the U.S. military perfectly. They are collectively the deadliest force ever assembled on the face of this earth or in the history thereof, and are truly indestructible. Semper Fi!

Destroyer
06-02-08, 10:36 PM
Ahhh geez!. Not again. Sure, whatever. Semper Fi! :helpless:

93DevilleUSMC
06-02-08, 10:50 PM
Ahhh geez!. Not again. Sure, whatever. Semper Fi! :helpless:

I don't intend any arguments this time, and I promise to keep politics out of this if you will do the same. Fair deal?

Destroyer
06-02-08, 10:56 PM
Yeah but its always troops or Disturbed threads with you. This time we have both in one. Not gonna get political on this end either.

93DevilleUSMC
06-02-08, 11:00 PM
Yeah but its always troops or Disturbed threads with you. This time we have both in one. Not gonna get political on this end either.

Haha, you are right, I do need to diversify my threads more. The troop threads will continue but I do need to start posting threads on other topics.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 02:26 AM
Dude, seriously, if you dislike my threads, you really don't have to post anything in them ,or even read them for that matter.

Destroyer
06-03-08, 09:36 AM
Dont necessarily dislike them but I just dont see the point of making so many threads with pretty much the same subject line. We get it and I dont think anyone likes what the troops are going through and they ARE appreciated but there have already been several posts about it. Any thread posted is up for debate, some good, some bad. You cant just make threads and ask for no criticism. ;)

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 10:09 AM
Okay, there have been so many irrelevant topics posted on this forum lately, but I can't post about the troops so guys like Ranger and Ecststatic can't read, feel appreciated, and enjoy them? My opinion is that there cannot be enough thanks given to people like the above, and so I put threads like this up for them.

It certainly beats a thread about how to get fired as a TV journalist.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 10:12 AM
Is someone else going to respond to this? I posted it with good intentions, none of which involved giving Destroyer yet another opportunity to be a troll.

EcSTSatic
06-03-08, 01:54 PM
I like the lyrics. I should have had the courtesy to say so. I'm not sure what else to say. This is the lounge and you should be able to post what you want. No one is obligated to read it if the topic doesn't appeal to them. I've totally ignored some of the threads here because they don't interest me. I've also posted new threads and received no comments.
It's the lounge, you can mingle or move on.

Destroyer
06-03-08, 02:18 PM
Is someone else going to respond to this? I posted it with good intentions, none of which involved giving Destroyer yet another opportunity to be a troll.
Now thats just mean.:D You should be thanking me for giving the thread a bump, it would have been like page 5 by now. I wont intefere anymore.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 02:20 PM
I like the lyrics. I should have had the courtesy to say so. I'm not sure what else to say. This is the lounge and you should be able to post what you want. No one is obligated to read it if the topic doesn't appeal to them. I've totally ignored some of the threads here because they don't interest me. I've also posted new threads and received no comments.
It's the lounge, you can mingle or move on.

Thank you, Devil Dog.

I agree with you; I don't post in threads in which I have no interest; I either post in those that do interest me, or post my own threads. Some of them are succesful; others go unread.

The last time that I checked, I wasn't the only one who has ever posted a troop tribute video, or even posted a topic so random as weekend travel plans, slightly amusing yet pointless youtube videos, or other such.

I respect the rights of other forum members, but request that my right to post be equally respected.

That said, this video is an expression of thanks only. It is not intended for political debate or expressing some personal grievance that one of you may have with me. For either of those, use private messages.

Now, let us move on.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 02:32 PM
Now thats just mean.:D You should be thanking me for giving the thread a bump, it would have been like page 5 by now. I wont intefere anymore.

Yes, just like the last one went entirely too far and was pointless bickering, which was most likely your objective for this thread. I don't want your "bumps", thank you; I want a simple chance to say what I intend to say, let it be a short thread, and be done with it. I think that as a CF member, I have every right to that. If you have something which you dislike about my threads, then add me to your ignore list. Reading a thread does not in any way entail that you must post in it.

Destroyer
06-03-08, 06:08 PM
Yes, just like the last one went entirely too far and was pointless bickering, which was most likely your objective for this thread. I don't want your "bumps", thank you; I want a simple chance to say what I intend to say, let it be a short thread, and be done with it. I think that as a CF member, I have every right to that. If you have something which you dislike about my threads, then add me to your ignore list. Reading a thread does not in any way entail that you must post in it.:violin:

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 07:17 PM
:violin:

Is that the best response you have? An animated violin? Wow, very articulate, as usual.

Destroyer
06-03-08, 07:43 PM
Is that the best response you have? An animated violin? Wow, very articulate, as usual.Prefer this one? :sheep:

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 07:47 PM
Prefer this one? :sheep:

You have absolutely no class. That last post doesn't even rate a comment.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-03-08, 07:49 PM
Destroyer, why are you so intent on wrecking his military threads? Let the man have his goddamned opinion. We let you have yours.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 07:55 PM
Because he is essentially a coward who, being incapable of seeing a pot without stirring it, will spend the rest of his life being an internet warrior. He'll spend the rest of his life patting himself on the back for his antics; those of us with lives outside of the internet will laugh at him and move on.

Rolex
06-03-08, 08:15 PM
Do you guys know you can put people on an ignore list so you don't have to read the other's posts? Seriously.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 08:23 PM
Do you guys know you can put people on an ignore list so you don't have to read the other's posts? Seriously.

Done. I asked him to do that a few posts back, if you recall.

93DevilleUSMC
06-03-08, 08:49 PM
Moving on. This one is "Like a Rock" by Bob Seger. Most veterans that you meet are rock-solid individuals, hence the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZfRE2GqQPk

blue07cts
06-03-08, 09:44 PM
well i for one enjoy these threads, so keep'em coming cause i'm sure all the ones who do enjoy them , will read them and MOST who don't won't ;)

EcSTSatic
06-04-08, 10:10 AM
On a slightly different note, this came from a vendor management information site. You can see a significant connection between combat and negotiations in the message they are trying to convey.
I turned in my rifle long ago and now use a keyboard. I am in IT and deal with vendors who want to sell our aerospace company computing hardware, software and services.

http://www.icncornerstore.com/images/uploads/gladiators.jpg

93DevilleUSMC
06-04-08, 01:23 PM
On a slightly different note, this came from a vendor management information site. You can see a significant connection between combat and negotiations in the message they are trying to convey.
I turned in my rifle long ago and now use a keyboard. I am in IT and deal with vendors who want to sell our aerospace company computing hardware, software and services.

http://www.icncornerstore.com/images/uploads/gladiators.jpg

Good one, keep `em coming!