: Problem with my Fast Chip

darien99
06-02-08, 09:58 PM
Threw the chip in my '95 sts a few weeks ago, and the power gain was impressive. The only problem was that the car was hitting the rev limiter @ wot before it shifted. 1-2 gears it'd hit the limiter 3 times before shifting into 2nd gear....2-3 it'd just hit the limiter until I let up on the gas. We double and triple checked my 4 letters on the memcal and they match up with the software that was burned into it. The only thing I can think of is that my shorter than stock tires is somehow messing with the computer, but then again if the shift points were not changed at all, then it should be hitting the rev limiter with my stock chip if this was the case. My only other idea is that fast chip's calibration for the BMYH isn't the correct software gear ratio (for 3.11 instead of 3.73)
Any other ideas? I want to keep this chip...just want the car to shift! :banghead:

CadillacSTS42005
06-02-08, 10:16 PM
but i thought this unicorn STS would run 13 sec 1/4s....
how on EARTH will it do that without up shifting hahaha
i call total bs now...

msta293412
06-03-08, 08:00 AM
Probably the tires......

darien99
06-03-08, 11:36 AM
but i thought this unicorn STS would run 13 sec 1/4s....
how on EARTH will it do that without up shifting hahaha
i call total bs now...
You're a moron

darien99
06-03-08, 11:39 AM
Probably the tires......
I should find someone with oem size tires and see if it makes a difference, just to rule it out if anything. Ed has the chip at the moment looking the software over. He said the shifts points have not been modified, so we're still kinda mystified...:suspense:

CadillacSTS42005
06-03-08, 12:05 PM
least i dont have to lie lol

Submariner409
06-03-08, 02:24 PM
Something's missing.......either an RPM, load, or transmission speed shift command. The wheels may factor in there, but the transmission should still shift at speed or load commands......

darien99
06-07-08, 10:56 AM
Translation:

:crying2: There's someone who can mod a northstar better than me:crying2:

darien99
06-07-08, 10:59 AM
Something's missing.......either an RPM, load, or transmission speed shift command. The wheels may factor in there, but the transmission should still shift at speed or load commands......
I also believe its a simple software issue. Ed keeps asking for more numbers off the pcm, the entire vin, etc. I have faith he'll figure it out. My car feels like a dog with that chip back out. lol

CadillacSTS42005
06-07-08, 11:35 AM
Translation:

lol
oh yea they did a great job hahaha
you cant insult me that way in the same thread where your stating the car wont shift hahahahaha
i would much rather shift way to early and miss the L37s peak hp range lol

darien99
06-09-08, 06:08 PM
lol
oh yea they did a great job hahaha
you cant insult me that way in the same thread where your stating the car wont shift hahahahaha
i would much rather shift way to early and miss the L37s peak hp range lol
For once I agree with your dumb ass, shifting early is better than shifting after bouncing off the rev limiter 4+ times.

Anyhow, Ed thinks he solved the problem and the chip is coming back my way. BMYH did not match my vin, so I'm guessing with a previous owner the car's pcm took a dump and a junkyard computer got tossed in and reflashed for the car's correct BMTU code. After the chip is back in and I hit a track I'll take a video of its current 1/4 mile time. I will also be sending whine ass up there a box of tissue after he sees my 13 sec pass. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ideas everyone.