: What do yo make of this? Engine guys see inside

LS1Mike
06-02-08, 10:54 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7589/img0915ec6.jpg
Number 5 Cyl plug out of a 1999 Isuzu Amigo 3.2. (the neighbors)
Appears that the cyl ran lean and caused enough detonation to melt the plug.
He had a miss which I diagnosed with my Predator scanner since the Isuzu appeared to have all GM electronics and sure as shit it does it could read every sensor just like it was reading any 99 to 04 GM. The scanner is GM specific.
At any rate I think he got a bad tank of gas or the injetor is bad we will know tomorrow.
My reasoning on the bad tank of gas it the number 5 cyl is the last one to get fuel.
The fuel line is U shaped and his the drivers side pistons get fuel in the follwing order 6 4 2 then it travels across the front of the motor and hits 1 3 5in that order.
I remeber turbo Dodges having that problem with the number 4 Cyl as it was the last one on the fuel rail and crappy gas would cause it to run leaner then normal(it was always lean to begin with)
So what do you all think?

Submariner409
06-03-08, 01:11 PM
It's a wonder the plug came out at all !!

Put a new set in and do a highway drive for 20 or so miles, then pull them and see if that plug is whiter/burnt compared to the others.

......if the miss is still even slightly present with new plugs, then injector ???

Stoneage_Caddy
06-03-08, 06:21 PM
werent these the strange little direct injection v6s isuzu was putting in there trucks towards the end ? or was that the 3.5 ?

how many miles are on it ? how long have they had the missfire?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-03-08, 06:50 PM
3.5L was DI. Where's Rick when you need him?

LS1Mike
06-03-08, 08:53 PM
It is a 3.2, no DI. It has 79,000 miles on it. Haven't started it back up yet, but we did have all the injectors serviced and they were fine.
Miss was only present a few miles after the tank of gas, then he drove like 40 or 50 miles home.

Night Wolf
06-04-08, 01:22 PM
Heh, never seen anything like that.

I don't know a whole lot about the 3.2/3.5, most all my knowladge on Isuzu engines is with the 2.6.

I know there are some guys on planetisuzoo.com that can really help ya... I'd send a PM to Jerry, he was an Isuzu master tech and did all the training stuff for years, I'm sure he could take one look at that and tell you what is wrong.