: 08 CTS styled wagon officially breaks cover: gimme a V!!!

razl
06-01-08, 10:07 AM
Looks hot - please God, let them be wise enough to sprinkle some V goodness on it (from
autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadillac-cts-wagon-spy-shots/834093/)) :

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/ctswagon_big.jpg

(thread speculation is that the proportions on the scan aren't quite correct and that it looks a little taller in the image than it should be, but you get the idea)

JEM
06-01-08, 10:40 AM
Looks hot - please God, let them be wise enough to sprinkle some V goodness on it

Oops, I think they just lost me, with those giant fat reverse-tapered C-pillars...it looks delivery-vannish.

I like glass area, not dark pits.

Oh well, it may look/work better in reality than it does in those pics.

StealthV
06-01-08, 11:38 AM
The rear pillar may look something like this.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42496&stc=1&d=1212334699

gothicaleigh
06-01-08, 11:59 AM
Is there a larger version of the top right pic?

jasaero
06-01-08, 01:54 PM
I sure hope they do a V version. I would for sure buy one then. I will keep my 2004 V until they confirm no V wagon.

CVP33
06-01-08, 05:42 PM
Vegan? Vegon? Veegoneer?

JEM
06-01-08, 08:50 PM
The rear pillar may look something like this.

From the top right pic it just looks like there's no glass in the rear quarter at all, which makes it what used to be called a 'sedan delivery', not a wagon.

It's too Japanese, too much like that Altezza pseudo-wagon and so many of those other weird wannabe-wagons Toyota's done over the years.

jasaero
06-01-08, 09:14 PM
From the top right pic it just looks like there's no glass in the rear quarter at all, which makes it what used to be called a 'sedan delivery', not a wagon.

It's too Japanese, too much like that Altezza pseudo-wagon and so many of those other weird wannabe-wagons Toyota's done over the years.

There is glass there, just not a whole lot. It's also done in a way to give it kinda hidden C-pillar. I like it.

RightTurn
06-02-08, 08:38 AM
Oops, I think they just lost me, with those giant fat reverse-tapered C-pillars...it looks delivery-vannish.

I like glass area, not dark pits.

Oh well, it may look/work better in reality than it does in those pics.

:yeah: Color me unimpressed.

dqw1
06-02-08, 09:01 AM
Not feeling the wagon at all, V version or not.

JEM
06-02-08, 12:26 PM
Not feeling the wagon at all, V version or not.

I'd love a real wagon, but this looks to be not enough like the Germans (of which the most useful is still the Benz) and too much like some of the Japanese attempts at 'sporty' wagons like the Altezza/IS300 thing.

The Magnum was another example of how not to do it. The high beltline left it with nearly no glass area in back; that, plus the offensively boring gray plastic they were lined with made them feel like the inside of a shipping container.

jasaero
06-02-08, 12:41 PM
I'd love a real wagon, but this looks to be not enough like the Germans (of which the most useful is still the Benz) and too much like some of the Japanese attempts at 'sporty' wagons like the Altezza/IS300 thing.

The Magnum was another example of how not to do it. The high beltline left it with nearly no glass area in back; that, plus the offensively boring gray plastic they were lined with made them feel like the inside of a shipping container.

To me the most important aspect of the materials used in the cargo hold of a wagon is that they are DURABLE. I don't want to be messing up fancy materials when I put random stuff in the cargo area. The fancy materials used in luxo wagon cargo holds are actually something I hear complained about more than praised. Particularly by those that actually own them and use them for the added utility. I do agree the shooting break look in the rear hurts cargo volume and visibility, but it just looks so good to most of us!!

JEM
06-02-08, 04:04 PM
To me the most important aspect of the materials used in the cargo hold of a wagon is that they are DURABLE. I don't want to be messing up fancy materials when I put random stuff in the cargo area. The fancy materials used in luxo wagon cargo holds are actually something I hear complained about more than praised

What I want in the back of a wagon is a high-quality durable carpet over something stout. Not cheap molded plastic that shows scuffs and cracks as soon as something hits it. I tend to put heavy rubber matting in the back end anyway.

gothicaleigh
06-03-08, 01:52 PM
Polished wood with chrome or powder-coated metal strips between the planks would be high class and durable.

HiTechRV
06-06-08, 04:37 PM
I *suspect* it looks sweet in real life. Don't confuse the concept wagon with production. For proportions, try adjusting the picture until the front looks exactly like the sedan...

slothV
06-06-08, 05:29 PM
I sure hope they do a V version. I would for sure buy one then. I will keep my 2004 V until they confirm no V wagon.

I have seen it.:stirpot::canttalk::thumbsup:

jasaero
06-06-08, 06:48 PM

For some reason I believe you!! I think a V wagon is a near requirment if the CTS is too be a true alternative in Europe to the 5, E, and A6. Shoot the RS6 arrived most recently FIRST in wagon form. Hotted up wagons are probably more important than the sedans in Europe almost. And being an American brand Cadillac needs to offer all future products in the US once all their products are top notch. The BLS isn't top notch or it would bother me it isn't offered here.

HiTechRV
06-10-08, 09:23 PM

You've seen a CTS wagon with a V hood and the V specific grille??

STScaddyman65
06-26-08, 11:18 AM
It looks much better in real life, trust me.
It is not for everyone for sure. Body wise, it it the exact same car from the front to the C-Pillar, swing metal included. It is a replacment to the SRX as that model will soon be gone. I love the tail lamps, they run full length of the rear.
V-Model? Haven't heard.... My quess is that since they did not make a SRX in a V series they will most likely not this model....
Thanks for the pics!

JEM
06-26-08, 03:59 PM

Think it's time to (a) check the brokerage account and (b) check the used E63 wagons. There's some good prices out there, if I'm willing to break loose the $.

jasaero
06-26-08, 04:28 PM
It is not for everyone for sure. Body wise, it it the exact same car from the front to the C-Pillar, swing metal included. It is a replacment to the SRX as that model will soon be gone. I love the tail lamps, they run full length of the rear.
V-Model? Haven't heard.... My quess is that since they did not make a SRX in a V series they will most likely not this model....
Thanks for the pics!

SRX was not a true wagon though. To tall to really make much of a V-series vehicle. This thing could perform nearly the exact same as the sedan so it would be perfect for a V-series. Also the tuning and development required could be carried nearly straight across from the sedan, but would have required almost all new engineering and tuning for the SRX. The STS-V could have helped make an SRX-V, but the suspension tuning would have been all new. SUV/CUV's are just not meant for performance tuning in my opinion. BUT a Wagon?? It HAS to be hopped up if they make it!!!!