Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Playdrv4me 
#1 ·
LOL! Does anyone here know what true love is? I learned what it is today when my girlfriend just did it all. We were at a pheasant farm that's no more than 5 minutes away from my girlfriend's house and they have a nice little pond. My lady wanted to feed the geese that gather there so we hopped in her 2000 Volkswagen Jetta since my Fleetwood Brougham does like to take down the gas and we drove the 5 minutes to the farm. We were tossing little bread pieces at the geese when my girlfriend throwing a piece of bread accidently let go of the laser cut flip key to her Jetta and it landed, ploop! Right in the middle of the pond! :holycrap: We rolled up our pants and waded in and still couldn't get to them. There were snakes, catfish, and the mud was so thick that you started to instantly sink once you went out far enough. We talked to one of the farm workers there and he loaned us a net but still no VW keys. My poor girlfriend was crying because that was the only set of keys and so embarassed so I told the farm hand I did it so she wouldn't feel bad. After trying to get a ride home with no luck we started to hoof it. She was crying for a bit until I got her to see the humor in it and by the time we were a quarter of the way there she was laughing at the whole situation. After a nice 45 minute walk we got in my Caddy and I took her out to lunch. We couldn't stop laughing about it all night. Luckily her parents also found it funny and so did the cop who came to her house about the abandoned VW. The farm owner was really cool about it being there and everyone had a good laugh about it. Tomorrow we're gonna see if we can't get a valet key made for it so we don't have to wait for a laser cut set that would take days to get to her. Poor poor girl, but that's what love is. Love is walking in pond scum for VW keys, then walking for 45 minutes with no shoes on and scummy feet and spending a good ammount of the time keeping her chin up. WHAT A DAY!!!! :bonkers:

See less See more
#2 ·
enjoy it dude ! that kinda thing is hard to come by these days , and im not talking keys

SIDEBAR: ever try a big ass magnet ? pond doesnt sound to big , get some waders and the big ass magnet and drag it around int he pond for awhile , then one day surprise her with it , it goes from being key to one of those memory things, metal detector might work too

#7 ·
That's a great story.

Watch out for barbed wire. I'd try the magnet thing, because the ring or maybe a fob on it might react. You can buy a really powerful magnet on a stick at a place like Home Depot, they only cost about $7. They're great for picking nails up after a construction project.

I threw a 7-iron into a pond once, purely by accident. It was raining and the grip was wet. Sonofa#itch went helicoptering about 30 feet. The ball I hit landed on the green, about 10 feet from the pin. I three-putted and it cost me 90 bucks to replace the club.

#8 ·
Elvis said:
I threw a 7-iron into a pond once, purely by accident.
Sure you don't mean anger? lol

#13 ·
ouch but those flip keys are sweet

#15 ·
Wow what a story.....! Very emotionally moving.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.