: If anyone needs suggestions on an iPod adapter...

manlaw
05-29-08, 03:38 PM
I recently installed an iPod\Auxillary connector in my 04 Escalade. I happened to come across a previous thread titled "ipods in escalades"
and wanted to share my personal that may help some other folks out.

I wanted an iPod adapter that plugged in at the factory XM and not have to worry about plugging anything into the factory radio. I originally tried a PIE brand GM12-POD. THIS THING SUCKS !!! It worked for about a day then I consistently got an "XM error" on the Nav screen after about 3 mins of use. I re-installed several times and had the same problem. You also have to hit "Seek" twice to move to the next song....I'm sure most of us are used to a single-tap to move to the next track. Now, the interesting part...While I had this thing installed, my instrument panel became possessed. All my gauges, except speedometer & RPM, would "die" and then come back to life....while I was driving !!! I figured this had nothing to do with this iPod adapter until I read the thread I posted above and somebody else had run into the same issue with a different brand iPod adapter. I disconnected my negative battery terminal for 10 mins to let the capacitors drain to reset everything and disconnected the iPod adapter and haven't seen that problem since.

So the good news....I returned that one and tried a US-Spec brand PA11-VETTE and this one works flawlessly. Installed just as easy and have not had one negative issue to report.

DLE
05-29-08, 03:56 PM
Good deal! I want an adapter for my '04 EXT, but havent came across one that I like yet! For that US Spec, where did you buy it at? Also, are the controls pretty user friendly? Or is it pretty confusing?

TheCaddyKidd
05-29-08, 04:36 PM
You lose XM with the USA Spec right?

jwxspoon
05-30-08, 05:48 PM
I have the PAC adapter I bought off of ebay. It works flawlessly; I have no problems with the existing factory XM or Nav.

jw

AlphaWolf
06-02-08, 04:47 PM
Mind to post or PM the link?

manlaw
06-09-08, 01:01 PM
Sorry for the delay guys....I was out of the country for a while. The controls are pretty straight-forward...it's pretty much plug-and-play. Just read the manual, it explains everything pretty clearly. You lose 1 of your XM bands. By default, the iPod adapter uses XM1, but XM2 still functions just like factory.

I forgot which website I got mine from...there are a couple that sell it. Just do a search on US-Spec PA11-Vette, and find the cheapest one.

T-Giv
06-30-08, 03:41 PM
I just purchased the PAC adapter. After in the installation I went to test it out and the ipod wouldn't charge and I also got no sound out of the right side speakers. Has anyone else experienced this? I called PAC and they sending me a new adapter kit so hopefully it was just a bad wire I got or some minor flaw in the system.

WaynesNside
07-31-08, 11:14 PM
Do you search by artist and all functions of your IPOD or only playlists?