: to all you audio guys out there

kdsevillle
05-28-08, 09:45 PM
Something is wrong with my system. All the sudden when I turn the car off, My amp stays on. It's never done this before until last week (batt died). What could have caused this????

Set up - Stock BOSE head unit, two 12in P2 fosgate's with a 1000watt Sony AMP. REM wire is hooked up to a fuse. If the fuse is blown, could that keep the amp running???

Thanks all!!!!

Necrosan
05-29-08, 01:15 AM
Check to make sure the fuse you're using isn't an always +12V. I'd probably run a wire from the stock headunit that's tapped in to the ignition only 12v. Otherwise you're gonna have to find a for sure on ignition only wire or risk a dying battery all the time...

Chicano-Mexicano
05-29-08, 04:33 PM
I'd probably run a wire from the stock headunit that's tapped in to the ignition only 12v.

Thats not necessarily a good Idea becasue it can reek hell on your cars anti-theft system or so I've heard. What box do you have your amp hooked to the under hood bock or dash box?

kdsevillle
05-29-08, 05:28 PM
its the fuse box under the rear seat. It's a 2000 SLS

Chicano-Mexicano
05-29-08, 08:01 PM
Ok. Get a volt meter and check the if the fuse were your amp is plug into is a constant 12v or ignition only.

JmOz
06-04-08, 02:48 PM
my amp stayed on to before. but then i put in a switch to turn the amp on and off you should get that

still_walkin
06-06-08, 08:20 AM
The easiest way to fix this your amps have a remote out and they should be wired to the aftermarket radios antenna. If you have it wired to the constant(memory wire )that's why it stays on or the memory wire and the antenna wire are touching check your wiring

bigjoker
06-14-08, 11:27 PM
your remote wire don't need a fuse. your power wire does.

still_walkin
06-14-08, 11:39 PM
your remote wire don't need a fuse. your power wire does.

What Necrosan was trying to say is that if you are using a factory radio if you tapped into the wirrng you have your remote wire pliced with you 12v constant aka memory wire which the 12v constant wire gives your radio just enough juice to keep the time and settings saved so you need to move your remote wire to the antenna wire or the 12v so you have a constant battery drain that's why your amp is always on