: EXT Side Compartments....

TheCaddyKidd
05-28-08, 05:45 PM
I was just wondering. Can you use the side compartments as a cooler. I thought I remember seeigna picture on the Cadillac site where you could just dump ice in the back compartment and throw sodas but I was taking a look at the compartments and the one on the driver side has the bed light in it and looks like the compartment goes all the way to the back and then on the passenger side it has the tools for the jack and all that so I wasnt sure if you could use the compartment like that.

DLE
05-29-08, 11:46 AM
Screw the side compartments! Load up the truck bed full of ice, and have 3 kegs in the back! lol :thumbsup:

The Scientist
05-29-08, 12:13 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I remember the Avalanches were advertised as having an intergrated cooler. I don't know how insulated those compartments are and how long they would keep a bag of ice cold.

ZX_man
05-30-08, 04:40 AM
They work pretty well as a cooler. My girl use to use them all the time with her old EXT. They do have drain holes in the bottom if I remember correctly. I personally felt the ice melted a little faster, but the truck was black and Texas heat is unforgiving.

Walter