: North Star & Transmission Issues

EXTx2
05-28-08, 12:25 PM
“05” SRX...North Star….. Nothing but problems since new. Electrical, radio, mirrors, the list goes on. Continuing transmission problems: reprogrammed many times, flushed and refilled fluids, replaced torque converter, it slips, accelerates and decelerates, with huge RPM swings. Now it’s back in the shop for the same issues as well as coolant low with moisture and odor from exhaust...changed crossover pipe and gaskets, we'll see if that works. Poor fuel mileage, best ever around 12mpg, average 9.3mpg. Poor design for entry and exit: nice mud line on the back of your pants from the wide threshold. Cadillac should be ashamed for putting out such a piece of crap...This car is a piece of junk! Don't buy one.:thehand:

codewize
05-28-08, 11:00 PM
Well, at first glance this post smells like a Cadillac basher wanting to make waves, especially with 2 posts under his belt.

Now, not being one to judge I'll reply by saying that your 05 should clearly be under warranty so who cares. Secondly if there are that many issues with electrical problems I would have to say that it sounds like a flood recovery vehicle.

If you've owned this vehicle since new and you've had that many problems I would say that it's well within expectations for the dealer / GM to replace the vehicle with a new one. They're only allowed to perform the same repair 3 times.

There's no way in hell a car could continually have that many issues.

dkozloski
05-29-08, 12:56 AM
“05” SRX...North Star….. Nothing but problems since new. Electrical, radio, mirrors, the list goes on. Continuing transmission problems: reprogrammed many times, flushed and refilled fluids, replaced torque converter, it slips, accelerates and decelerates, with huge RPM swings. Now it’s back in the shop for the same issues as well as coolant low with moisture and odor from exhaust...changed crossover pipe and gaskets, we'll see if that works. Poor fuel mileage, best ever around 12mpg, average 9.3mpg. Poor design for entry and exit: nice mud line on the back of your pants from the wide threshold. Cadillac should be ashamed for putting out such a piece of crap...This car is a piece of junk! Don't buy one.:thehand:
I really enjoy these coherent and well thought out posts that clearly outline the problems with enough detailed information that anybody can understand where the difficulty lies. Usually they sound like the ravings of a lunatic.

AJxtcman
05-29-08, 07:03 AM
“05” SRX...North Star….. Nothing but problems since new.
:hmm: OK

“05” SRX...North Star….. Continuing transmission problems: reprogrammed many times, flushed and refilled fluids, replaced torque converter, it slips, accelerates and decelerates, with huge RPM swings. Now it’s back in the shop for the same issues
Poor fuel mileage, best ever around 12mpg, average 9.3mpg.

Do you think if you have a trans problem the fuel mileage will go up?

“05” SRX...North Star….. as well as coolant low with moisture and odor from exhaust...changed crossover pipe and gaskets, we'll see if that works.

:hmm:Ask them to show you the cross over pipe. The RWD Northstars don't have a Cross-over manifold and I am not aware of any cross-over pipe.

“05” SRX...North Star….. Poor design for entry and exit: nice mud line on the back of your pants from the wide threshold.

You drove it before you purchased it!
How are the blind spots?
I just don't understand how you can blame Cadillac for you buying a vehicle that does not suit you.

“05” SRX...North Star…..
Cadillac should be ashamed for putting out such a piece of crap...This car is a piece of junk! Don't buy one.:thehand:
I can't argue this point and my opinion is mine and I know people buy this SUX and love them!

urbanski
05-29-08, 10:48 AM
<-- exit door is that way