: 04 Ext battery replace?

Povich
05-28-08, 01:00 PM
Have an 04 ext with aftermarket pioneer nav and headrest monitors and viper alarm! Battery seems to die if running the radio for more than five minutes after truck is off! Is a smaller (770cca) autocraft battery want to go bigger but not sure of what will fit and want something with some reserve for My Steelers games and concerts! Any Ideas or suggestions appreciated! Optima,Diehard platnium????Not sure what will fit with out much modding?:hmm:Forgot to mention just had battery and charging sys test and everything checked ok! Do see a flux in charging gauge when running? needle moves between 14 to 16,or pretty close to those numbers! Maybe an alternator goin bad also?

hcvone
05-28-08, 02:16 PM
I always had good luck with Optima batteries, for big audio systems their yellow top is very good, for regular replacement the red top is the ticket

Povich
05-29-08, 02:14 PM
thx for reply hcvone! dont really have a big audio system just monitors,nav deck,and dvd players n such! Probabbly the yellow top if I wanted to play or use any of this with truck off though? there just batteries like the diehard platinum for same prices with much better warranties? not really sure on what to do! lil more research I guess! Thx

Povich
05-30-08, 02:59 AM
kinda wondering if my alternator isnt crapin out on me? When Im driving like I said previous the volt meter is bouncing up and down,which should stay pretty consistent correct? Also my interior lights kinda flicker somewhat noticeably,and if driving and put windows up or use other power acc. really dims the dash? Sounds like an alternator right? maybe replace with a larger? Not sure if mine has the 105 or 145? was told way to tell is position of plug on back of alternator? :confused:

hcvone
05-30-08, 08:11 AM
kinda wondering if my alternator isnt crapin out on me? When Im driving like I said previous the volt meter is bouncing up and down,which should stay pretty consistent correct? Also my interior lights kinda flicker somewhat noticeably,and if driving and put windows up or use other power acc. really dims the dash? Sounds like an alternator right? maybe replace with a larger? Not sure if mine has the 105 or 145? was told way to tell is position of plug on back of alternator? :confused:

May want to get that looked at, the gauge should not be moving around that much