: My car is about to get sold.

Roswell256
06-02-04, 02:43 PM
I have yet again had to have the Caddy towed. This time it was a bad Alternator.

I'm wondering if I'm still playing catch up from letting it sit for a year. I'm replaced water pump, Coolant feed/return pipes for heater, T-Stat, A/C clutch/coil, Alternator, Plug wires, resealed intake after removing Rat nest.

I've started to notice that my transmission fluid was high the other day. I stopped to check fluids. After driving for about 40mi. When I pulled the dipstick. it was wet all the way up to the bottom of the cover. and you could see the fluid was higher then it ususally was. Wonder if this could be a problem, or if it was the shop that did the alternator just topping off fluid levels

I guess we'll see whatelse blows up on my car. Hopefully nothing, but last time I said it was running great. It died.

Thanks
-Roswell-

JSMeloche
06-03-04, 12:16 AM
Meh Caddy are just like every other car i owned. They need good maintenance if you want them to run good. The only problem with caddy is that if you really don't want to maintain it they go REALLY bad.

My 86 Buick Regal was a 300 000 km + car (meter broke and i never fixed it) engine was fine even with bad maintenance but everything wasnt very good, electronic bad, suspension extremely mushy, brakes?? what brakes???.

Then came a 92 Sunbird, big mistake!!! 4 cylinder and 5 speed. Can be fun but what a piece of junk!. I beated the shit out of it. Engine loved it but everything else was failing on me: Body rust everywhere, suspension didnt last, and brakes.

Now i own a 95 STS and i LOVE the car. And now i know that when i replace something it wont break 3 months later (sunbird shocks). Most of the thing you did i find normal for an older car exept maybee A/C clutch. What year is yours???

94CaddyConcours
07-16-04, 09:44 PM
Did you sell your car yet?

Roswell256
07-19-04, 10:28 AM
I eneded up keeping the car. After the alternator replacement it has been running fine. I'm afraid to say that its all fixed for fear of something going bad on it. But it APPEARS to be running great.

Glad I didn't sell it
-Roswell-

156MPH
07-19-04, 12:08 PM
What did you end up paying for the alt. I need to replace mine. Eric

RBraczyk
07-19-04, 09:00 PM
What happened to you selling yours and getting a 300c

Roswell256
07-20-04, 02:27 PM
I had a GM dealer do it becasue I was on my way back to Virginia from Wisconsin. I made it about half way and it fried. Total with labor was just over $530. I'm sure you can replace it for much cheaper if you get the parts and do it yourself.