: Car Audio: Is it worth it?

TheCaddyKidd
05-26-08, 10:00 PM
Ok. Here is where I am at. I currently purchased a midgate sub enclosure, 2 12inch Solo Baric L7's, and a Kicker 1500.1 amp which pushes 1500w rms and 3000 max. Not sure which way I shold go with all of this. I have 3 options.

Option 1:
Just add the subs and keep the rest of the audio system stock.

Option 2:
Add the subs but also had the kick panel enclosures with a set of component speakers.

Option 3:
Swap the stock headunit for a Pioneer Avic-D2 (which my girl just took out of her car cuz she is trading in) and swap all the factory Bose speakers with aftermarket speakers in addition to adding the subs.

I can't decide which way to go. I feel that if I just add the subs and keep the rest stock then the subs will overpower and I iwll never get the full benefit of what I purchased. Then I feel that if I add the kick panels they are just going to get in the way and risk damage. Swapping the whole system sounds like a good idea but then i lose the steerign controls and the 6 disc changer. Let me know what you guys think and also if any of you guys swapped the system let me know if it was worthe it and what you ended up using. Thanks

vietfob714
06-11-08, 05:04 PM
Where did you get the midgate box? I'll post up pics of the kick panels when I can find my digital camera... It looks good though.. I think its worth it to change the headunit and speakers... with the aftermarket headunit you can control the rest of your system easier...