: '99 El Dorado Trans Question 2

renoah
05-26-08, 07:51 PM
Now that I know there is no modulator valve on this tranny, can anyone help with the diagnostics of the following?
I have a '99 El Dorado with 110,000 miles. It has been problem free and maintained. Recently when going 70 mph or greater it will begin to smoke white out of the exhaust. When I drop below 70 this will stop. It does not do this everytime above 70, I will say 50% of the time. The oil is not milky and the coolant does not appear to have signs of oil in it.
I have also noticed lately that I have had to add trans fluid quite often. Recently on a 350 mile trip I crept up above 70 mph and had the cruise set. After approx 45 min I noticed that it began to smoke white. At the same time the "Trans Hot Idle Engine" code 112 indicator came on, this is the one and only time this has came on. I pulled to the side of the highway. When I popped the hood I noticed that it looked like trans fluid had come out of the black tube that comes up on top of the engine that has a silver cap on it. You can move the cap up and down without it coming off (appears to be a relief valve). At this time I also had to add more fluid. I have not seen any indication of any fluids leaking under the car (there is no fluid found on the ground when parked). The "service transmission" indicator code 100 has never came on. The car has been driven 5-7 times since this with no issues. What are your suggestions as to what this could be and what should I do now to prevent a major occurance from happening soon?

Ranger
05-26-08, 08:40 PM
You are not going to get any help if you keep starting new threads. No one will be able to follow what is going on.