: What Does Everyone Use to Wash their Tuck?

02BlkEXT
06-02-04, 12:15 PM
I started using a wash mit and I think I noticed some new scratches. Whats the best thing to use to wash your truck?

MEJIA
06-02-04, 01:01 PM
I started using a wash mit and I think I noticed some new scratches. Whats the best thing to use to wash your truck?

I use a NAPA wash mitt and Zaino Carwash Shampoo. Besides washing for polishing and keeping the paint in mint condition I use Zaino products. You can check them out at www.zainobros.com

Mejia

hcvone
06-02-04, 01:55 PM
There is nothing wrong with using a mitt, just make sure they are 100% cotton, they will say it on the package, and or the cotton logo will be on the wrapper. Most wash mitts are polyester and cotton blend, these can and will cause light scratches, make sure they are 100% cotton, we sell NAPA brand, they offer both 100% cotton, and a cotton & polyester blend, make sure you get the 100% cotton. Also your towels can cause scratches, make sure they are 100% cotton, if you use microfiber do the scratch test with a CD, most microfiber can scratch as well, so make sure you check them. Do not let people lean against your truck, these can cause scratches if your truck has dirt or pollen on it. Keep you truck waxed, and your wax can cause light scratches in the clear coat if you use a cleaner wax on a regular basis.

brett79
06-02-04, 01:56 PM
I use the Mr. Clean auto dry and a sponge. I didnt believe it worked at first, but when it was on sale at a local shop I had to go for it. It really does work!!!!!

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/

T_Dogg8
06-02-04, 01:58 PM
i agree. i tried it and was shocked when it worked great.

hcvone
06-02-04, 01:58 PM
For a quick job, I use the Mr. Clean auto dry. I didnt believe it worked at first, but when it was on sale at a local shop I had to go for it. It really does work!!!!!

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/

On the 3 cars we tested it on it left on slight water marks, mostly on thye tops of the windows, if you keep switching the filters it works better

MEJIA
06-02-04, 02:05 PM
I tried the Mr.Clean Autodry system and was satisfied. Not impressed, and would not buy it again. I rather wash my truck the conventional way and dry it with my faithful electric leaf blower. That works much better for me.

Just my $.02

Mejia

onbagz2002
06-02-04, 04:44 PM
I use water to wash my T "R"UCK:D

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/536000-536999/536262_20_full.jpg

jahngga
06-03-04, 04:22 AM
I tried the Mr.Clean Autodry system and was satisfied. Not impressed, and would not buy it again. I rather wash my truck the conventional way and dry it with my faithful electric leaf blower. That works much better for me.

Just my $.02

Mejia
Mejia,

I just bought a leaf blower and I'm about to use it this weekend. Could you give me some tips? Do I start from the roof and work my way down?

T_Dogg8
06-03-04, 08:02 AM
nice truck, what kind of wheels are those??

TheBehemoth
06-03-04, 08:23 AM
Pinacle Body Shampoo, a bevy of brushes for wheel wells, tires, etc, 2 MF wash mits, and a sea sponge.

RBraczyk
06-03-04, 09:58 AM
Nothing but mothers california gold car wash...

MEJIA
06-03-04, 01:13 PM
Mejia,

I just bought a leaf blower and I'm about to use it this weekend. Could you give me some tips? Do I start from the roof and work my way down?

Congrats on buying a leaf blower, you will soon see it is the easiest adn fastest way to dry your truck. Yes you should start from the roof, and work your way down. Pay extra attention to the glass edges as lots of water get in there, also work your way down slowly so you can remove most of the water. When you are done I recomend you have an Absorber, aviable at Pepboys or Autozone, to clean the remaining water.

Just for curiosity is your leaf blower electric or gasoline powered?

Mejia

onbagz2002
06-03-04, 03:14 PM
my rims are 24'' oasis gothics and the spinners are the spider webs made by chopper...http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/536000-536999/536262_3_full.jpg

T_Dogg8
06-03-04, 03:15 PM
cool looking wheels.

onbagz2002
06-03-04, 03:16 PM

jahngga
06-03-04, 04:49 PM
Congrats on buying a leaf blower, you will soon see it is the easiest adn fastest way to dry your truck. Yes you should start from the roof, and work your way down. Pay extra attention to the glass edges as lots of water get in there, also work your way down slowly so you can remove most of the water. When you are done I recomend you have an Absorber, aviable at Pepboys or Autozone, to clean the remaining water.

Just for curiosity is your leaf blower electric or gasoline powered?

Mejia
It's electric, Toro (215mph) blower/vacuum. Cant w8 2 use it!

hcvone
06-03-04, 05:50 PM
It's electric, Toro (215mph) blower/vacuum. Cant w8 2 use it!

Good choice, I have been using Toro for years, and would get another one for sure.