: Old Farts and Cadillac's?

peatea
01-17-03, 12:48 PM
My father always owned Cadillac's.
He told me that he liked them in the 30's because they were the fastest cars on the road other than the unaffordable Duzzy's etc.
As he aged he still owned Cadillacs with the exception of a 1954 Olds Super 88 2 door. I loved that car. In the 70's and 80's his Caddilac's were not so impressive. Just old man sedans.

Well the times they are a changin'.
I am close to 60 but I am by no means old.
I am in better shape than most people in their 30's.
I play bass in a hard rock band and I own a Cadillac Eldorado.
This is not an old mans car.

Maybe when I hit 90 I'll buy a Town Car.
But till then....
Keep Rockin' in the Free World.

Pat

BeelzeBob
01-17-03, 01:52 PM
Bass in a hard rock band! Awesome! hehe What's the name of the band? Is there a web site? Rock rules. :D

And yes, I agree. A Cadillac is NOT an old mans car. But hey, jealous people will probably always call it that. Heck, my Corvette is also called an Old Man's car...

jeff___H
01-17-03, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by peatea
Maybe when I hit 90 I'll buy a Town Car.

Pat

notice my sig line.. :D:cool:

jeff___H
01-17-03, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
... Heck, my Corvette is also called an Old Man's car...

I thought a Corvette was called a Mid-Life Crisis car. To go with the Harley, the hair replacement surgery and the 22 yr old girlfriend.. ;);)

(of which I have none. Did have a Harley once. And a 22 year old - when i was 23.. :D )

Katshot
01-17-03, 04:44 PM
LOL!!!!
I like that Jeff.

kcnewell
01-17-03, 04:51 PM
Does it count if you've had the harleys since you were 16? only had 1 Vette, 1 Lincoln and a Benz( That I still have!) All other cars have been Cadillacs. I shave the hair ( since I was 25 ) and the girlfriend is 44!........Crisis? What Crisis? I just can't stop havin' fun cause I'm gettin' older. What would be the point?

kcnewell
01-17-03, 04:53 PM
I mean.....I wouldn't want to be havin' a crisis and not be able to enjoy it. Knowuttamean???

peatea
01-17-03, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
[B]Bass in a hard rock band! Awesome! hehe What's the name of the band? Is there a web site? Rock rules. :D

We are the "Chicago Jam Club".
We have a Yahoo Group.
You have to be a member of Yahoo (its free) and join the group.
Once in the Group select "Photos".

I'm playing a white guitar in most of the pictures.

:cool:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChicagoJam-Club3/?yguid=87210796

BeelzeBob
01-18-03, 01:03 PM
I'll signup as soon as I can.. I left myself a shortcut on my desktop for that URL. :) What type of rock music do you play? Classic? New? 80's? :D

peatea
01-18-03, 01:33 PM
Skynyrd, Doors, Stones, BB King, Blues Bros, Santana, Dave Mason, Nugent, Chuck Berry, ZZ Tops, 60's & 70's psychedelic stuff, North Mississippi Allstars, Miles Davis, Coltrane, Brubeck, Hank Williams, Waylon, Who, Guess Who, Kravitz, Petty, Stevie Ray, Clapton...and more..

Pat

BeelzeBob
01-18-03, 02:39 PM
Cool.. Sounds like a good variety there.. Lenny Kravitz? He (and his father) used to live right near me in one of my Grandfather's houses...

justgreat
01-19-03, 06:40 PM
well, coming from an old fart (55), to me it's all preception versus reality: i LIKE the fact that there's an element out there that thinks the cads are old fogey material, until you leave them at the light! in some ways they're the ultimate sleeper and that's fine with me...walk softly and all that...jackg

Dead Sled
01-21-03, 12:10 PM
I dont quite think my caddy is an old mans car. lol

jeff___H
01-21-03, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Dead Sled
I dont quite think my caddy is an old mans car. lol

you drive the DEAD man's Caddy!! :cool::D:D:D

I always wanted a hearse.. A guy I went to high school with had one - still does to this day. His license plate reads LAST RYD. :thumbsup:

BeelzeBob
01-21-03, 06:31 PM
Wow! Scary thought!

Dead Sled
01-21-03, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by jeff___H
you drive the DEAD man's Caddy!! :cool::D:D:D

I always wanted a hearse.. A guy I went to high school with had one - still does to this day. His license plate reads LAST RYD. :thumbsup:

oooooh i like that plate :D i havent got it titled and regestered yet now ya got me think about custom plates :D too much fun

elwesso
01-28-03, 05:00 PM
I definitely think that the devilles look more "old peoplish". I dont know what it is about them, they just do. I guess most people think of cadillacs they think of slow, old people. I think that is becoming more for buicks now. Cadillac, i think, is starting to aim more toward the younger market.

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 05:03 PM
Well they got no choice as seeing how Lexus and BMW are scoping them up and Benz got a winner in that C230 sport coupe.
It may be at the lower end of their lineup but Benz still keep the quality in it too. I test drove one last week. Very nice for the price. Now if only Cadillac did something to compete with it.

kcnewell
02-13-03, 03:15 AM
There's a guy here! He's got a black on black DTS with dark tinted windows and black anodized emblems. The only chrome stuff on the thing is the 17" wheels W/ Low profile tires and the 4 very cool lookin' exhaust tips! Now let me tell Ya' There ain't nothin' grandpa lookin' about THAT car! What a beaut!

ljklaiber
02-13-03, 04:29 PM
Grampa my ASS!

elwesso
02-15-03, 11:06 PM
Im talking about the older devilles. I went and looked at a 94 concours a few days ago and it is a BOAT. Granted, it isnt much bigger than the sevilles or eldos, but it definitely looks bigger. I dont know what it is about it, but it just looks old people-ish, or more-so than the sevilles and eldos. Personally, i would take it, but if i had the choice, id go STS or eldo.

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 05:17 PM
This was a funny topic. The majority of people down here who drive Caddys are young kids. Ya know..they put there 20" wheels on em & gold emblems..."Bling Bling"...but they take care of them very well. I do see alot of old farts around here driving real sweet Caddys too. I think Cadillac attracts all kinds..I love Caddys, the '57 Eldo has got to be one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 05:26 PM
Eldo Biarritz...:banana: damn....my pic is too big. Oh well...thought i'd share a pic...damn i need to learn how to resize!

elwesso
02-23-03, 05:27 PM
You see alot of younger kids in older devilles/sevilles/eldos, and in newer sevilles/eldos. Rarely do you see a kid in a 94+ devilles, unliess it has some serious pimpage. Older people on the otherhand like the devilles, or with my grandparents the fleetwood. They said they are not going to get another caddy because the fleetwood isnt produced anymore.

Resizing is easy, go into your program, and click on the picture. There should be little boxes around the photo. Click and hold until the pic is the right size.

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 05:32 PM
Most of them down here drive the 89-93 DeVilles. I really like the RWD Broughams...they definately make a statement! :)
But I do see alot of younger kids driving old caddys, like the kid that bought my sons 74 coupe, he is only 19. Already put wheels on it, looks nice too.

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
... go into your program, and click on the picture. There should be little boxes around the photo. Click and hold until the pic is the right size.

I am using my laptop & when I went to the pic...i don't see anything excpet zooms...and other stuff...but i will try it again!

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 05:48 PM
:banana:

elwesso
02-23-03, 09:48 PM
Thats cool, not so sure on the paint, but that definitely has its share of BLING on it.

Dead Sled
02-23-03, 09:53 PM
ahh I dunno if I'd park that in my garage

elwesso
02-23-03, 10:49 PM
Me either, if it was like white or black (or something other than that lavender color) i would take it. With all that gold, black would be sweet.

JerseyGirl
02-23-03, 11:59 PM
I couldn't find a black picture...black would be awesome on it!

kcnewell
02-24-03, 03:16 AM
Hell yes! I'd take it! If you don't like the color, Guess what? They still make paint! I see it everywhere these days....Car have it trucks have it! I mean, It's like some kind'a conspiracy to make us all see colors!

elwesso
02-24-03, 10:22 AM
In some cases with these ugly colors, I'd almost rather be colorblind. At worst it would be gray!

kcnewell
02-24-03, 10:24 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????!!!

JerseyGirl
02-24-03, 01:18 PM
LOL...I didn't think the lavender was that bad either..I'd take it in a heartbeat! In Fact..probably would be pretty cool color for a chic. :) But I'd take it in ANY color...

Dead Sled
02-24-03, 08:08 PM
too much work to for me to change it into what I want I'll leave it for some guy who likes lavender :D

elwesso
02-24-03, 09:15 PM
Or just not get it to start with.

JerseyGirl
02-24-03, 10:10 PM
lol :)