: 1967 Fleetwood Limo

Mitsubishiman
05-24-08, 01:04 PM
Hello, I was asked to find out what the story is on the engine in a 1967 Fleetwood Limo, the mechanic stated it has British Standard Head Bolts and none of the standard markings of a normal Cadillac engine are apparent, I told him I assumed it was a 429, he says he contacted someone at Cadillac a few years back and they stated that the large Limo's had a British engine Clone, something about Bethel Foundary, I question this as I never heard of it before, he stated that the British Standard is not Metric and not American Standard.

I would appreciate some clarification (Ammo) on this topic, Thanks

creeker
07-05-08, 12:06 AM
Hello, I was asked to find out what the story is on the engine in a 1967 Fleetwood Limo, the mechanic stated it has British Standard Head Bolts and none of the standard markings of a normal Cadillac engine are apparent, I told him I assumed it was a 429, he says he contacted someone at Cadillac a few years back and they stated that the large Limo's had a British engine Clone, something about Bethel Foundary, I question this as I never heard of it before, he stated that the British Standard is not Metric and not American Standard.

I would appreciate some clarification (Ammo) on this topic, Thanks

I found this a few months late,but in one of my car books it shows a 429 for that year,along with, 4 door sedan,4 door limo and commercial chassis.it's classified as a "fleetwood seventy- five sub-series 697/698".
brake h.p. 340 @4600 r.p.m.. hope this helps a bit.

also mod.#67-697, body style #69733-S, 5450 lbs.

-