: Any word on what we all will be moding on the 09

anim8orCTSV
05-23-08, 10:41 PM
I was looking at the CTS arm rest I put in my CTS-V, and it made me think about what might be the equivalent in the 09.

I know it is early but what the heck. Have you seen anything in the pictures that you would like to change?

Also, is there a heads up in the 09 V?

Any idea if there will be a play back hack for DVDs like there is on the current V's?

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

v84life
05-24-08, 01:17 AM
I'll be changing the wheels. This car is going to be worthy of killer wheels out of the box:thumbsup:

1fstkde
05-24-08, 11:57 AM
just wondering :confused: anyone know if its going to be keyless?? start and doors?? i love that option now on the stsv..:thumbsup:

CIWS
05-25-08, 12:36 AM
I believe it's keyless, but not pushbutton start.

jasaero
05-25-08, 01:41 AM
I believe it's keyless, but not pushbutton start.

That is correct. Still not sure why some hsve trouble when keyless go lacks a button??

V-Love
05-25-08, 10:16 PM
Someone will drop the LS9. Guaranteed.

Maximusthefarmer
05-26-08, 01:18 AM

Why not just change out the few parts that are different ( I believe it was the cams and some of the valvetrain components were not as heavy duty and they dropped the dry sump setup from the ZR1 but it was not much more than that, maybe a new pulley) and dyno tune? Seems more cost effective then dropping in a whole new engine? Might even exceed ZR1 output depending on what you drop in.

That being said for me..wheels, exhaust and tint as soon as I get my hands on it would satisfy me for a while. Maybe a tighter mesh on the grille closer to what you saw on the V1.

CVP33
05-26-08, 11:54 AM
Say it with me........................

Lambo doors baby. :duck:

onebadcad
05-27-08, 03:05 PM

Not sure if, or when, the LS9 will be sold as a crate motor, and it won't be cheap---would probably be much cheaper to build a N/A beast, or a stroker with twins, both are taking away from the reasons of buy the V2.
But as you said, someone will do it,,, I might if I wait until 2010, get one for 75% residual and convince the wife that owning three cars really makes good financial sense.

onebadcad
05-27-08, 03:06 PM
Say it with me........................

Lambo doors baby. :duck:

Only on 300CSRT8AWD425HPs, damnnnnn, those cars have lengthy titles!

Kadonny
05-28-08, 11:37 AM
What about exhaust? Do you think the stock exhaust will sound good enough or will Corsa et.all be getting some cars to mod.

JEM
05-29-08, 03:09 PM
I think that for anyone interested in using it on track, particularly in California and in the Midwest where ambient can easily touch 100degF at some of the most-used tracks during peak season, the first thing to watch will be oil temps and the possible need for more cooling. And of course a set of track tires.

csp3000
05-30-08, 04:20 PM

:yup:...:stirpot:

noelvm
05-30-08, 11:00 PM
Having come the full course with the Lightning SC engine a word to the wise is here offered.

More lightning engines were destroyed from a LEAN CONDITION than any other cause. First we added 2 lb pulleys, some without a tune and survivied. Then we got 4 lb pulleys and cold air kits and they had to be tuned to survive. Then we go 6 lb pulleys and found that they exceeded the capabilities of the fuel injectors. Then we had to put in higher capacity injectors and to push them higher volume fuel pumps.

All these engines are tuned by air/fuel ratio. Nothing else. Go over the line, lean out, severly damage engine requiring tear down. Best guage to add!!!!! Air fuel ratio guage--a good one, about $400.00 and worth every penny. The Lightning has four 02 sensors, two before the cats and two after. The Ford software allows us to turn off the rear sensors, so we gut the cats and install the wideband Fuel/Air sensor in one of the rear 02 holes

noelvm

JEM
05-31-08, 01:16 AM
All these engines are tuned by air/fuel ratio. Nothing else. Go over the line, lean out, severly damage engine requiring tear down.

The Lightning motor also had a weak bottom-end; there's a lot more beef (and a lot more money) in the blower Cobra 4.6s and in the GT500 blower DOHC 5.4s. The Ford 5.4 has a nasty long stroke anyway, it's what you build from what's in the parts bins when you can't get the budget to do it right.

Best guage to add!!!!! Air fuel ratio guage--a good one, about $400.00 and worth every penny. The Lightning has four 02 sensors, two before the cats and two after. The Ford software allows us to turn off the rear sensors, so we gut the cats and install the wideband Fuel/Air sensor in one of the rear 02 holes

You can also put in another set of bungs in front of the cats, or use a WBO2 that has a narrowband emulation. Of course, we don't know for sure yet that GM isn't using some flavor of wideband sensor in the LSA.