: Help installing Deck 1996 Sedan Deville

jmhout
05-23-08, 07:06 PM
I am new here and hope I am posting in right area...

I have a 1996 Deville and am in week 2 of trying to get aftermarket CD player in dash to work right.

Note - This is NOT a Bose system and it came with the wonderful AM/Fm Cas.

After reading a few threads here I am trying to determing the easiest way to get a true constant hot?

It looks like I need to go straight to the bat? If yes, does anyone know a good spot to get a wire throught the firewall?

Next major question... Is the original radio being gone going to send messages to computer? I already have some weird dash information panel issues/messages coming at me...

I have a aftermarket cheap wire adapter that is working fine for the speakers, switched power, however the constant power is a problem.

Summary of current problem.

Aftermarket radio loses memory due to constant hot resetting or stoping after delay timer.

Messges at dash about "theft" and "ac/heat" control resetting, or the complete message panel goes black and resets

Questions I need help with:

Does radio really have to be wired into system to shut up computer?
- or -
By taking the aftermarket radio off of the monitored 12 volt constant hot in car will that stop the errant messages?

Best way to find and supply to radio a true constant hot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

jmhout

CadillacSTS42005
05-23-08, 07:21 PM
where are you located?

jmhout
05-28-08, 09:59 AM
Greater Chicago land... Western Subs.

CadillacSTS42005
05-28-08, 10:01 AM
ah
well ill actually be there from June 3rd-10th...

Necrosan
06-03-08, 05:02 AM
Try using one of the Scosche wiring harnesses from walmart. If I recall correctly they listed the 96 Deville as compatible. I just did an install with one of those in my buddies 94 Deville, and it worked great.

CadillacSTS42005
06-03-08, 01:14 PM
rofl
yea listen to that guy his nick name is IKE

that 20 dollar harness made by Scosche will not do a thing, it will create more problems then its worth including a battery drain, security system issues, and keyless entry failures.

you must relocate the stock hu into the trunk as the radio is a part of the systems data class system
without the radio being plugged in the car will continue to send out plus signals searching for the radio component and thereby drain the car battery and prevent it from entering the sleep/battery save/shut down mode that these cars have after being left alone after 10 minutes (this is also why there is no true constant wire located on the radio harness)