: 92 cadillac deville won't start

mrtruckpainter
06-01-04, 09:57 PM
I have a 1992 deville that will not start, I have given it a complete tune up ,rotor,cap,plus,fuel filter,fuel regorlator,and it will not start , I can put gas in the craberator and it runs untill the gas runs out what can I do to keep the car running. Thankyou for any help.

zonie77
06-01-04, 10:38 PM
You have to test fuel pressure.

mrtruckpainter
06-02-04, 11:43 PM
I put in a new fuel pump and it's working better and it's getting good pressure now and it sounds like it starting but it just won't stay on.. Is it possible that a car alarm that they cut the wires on, is not allowing it to run?

:banana: (going bananas)

lt1 cajun
06-06-04, 08:22 PM
You have the same problem I have right now. Plenty of spark but no gas. PLenty of gas to the rail but the injectors will not fire. If you find your problem email me at william@ruston.com and Ill do the same.

BeelzeBob
06-06-04, 11:35 PM
Check the injectors for 12 volts at one of the wire terminals that attach to them. The injectors should each have 12 volts constant on one of the wires to them whenever the key is on. The other wire is the ground wire that goes to the PCM...the PCM opens the injector by pulling the ground wire to ground inside the PCM.

Did you check the injector fuses.

You have to check the fuel pressure .....new pump or not.....you have to check the fuel pressure. Easy to do...just screw a gauge onto the schraeder valve fitting on the fuel rail. There should be 45-50 PSI constant when the key is on and during crank.

If your fuel pump failed it is common for the fuel pump to draw a lot more current than normal and melt the wires inside the tank to the pump. Replacing the pump will not solve the problem if the wires are not replaced. Did you thoroughtly check the wiring harness at the tank and inside the tank to the pump??