: rear air shocks?

sam hamm
05-23-08, 12:15 AM
okay so i have an ext and it has the rear air shocks. so the question i have is when i put my lowering kit on it will the shocks still keep it stock height?

thanks guys.

dstinson
05-23-08, 12:45 PM
The answer to your question is no.

SUX2BU
05-23-08, 06:16 PM
The answer to your question is no.

Actually they will raise the rear if you lower it. probably not to stock heigth but it will raise it. your lowering kit should come with instructions on how to modify your ride heighth sensors to fix this, mine did.

dstinson
05-23-08, 07:22 PM
usually the kit will tell you how much to bend the arms, also to keep the geometry the same you can use the brackets to relocate (and lower) the lower shock mount. This keeps the distance the shock travels the same but will lower the over all height of the shock. (i hope that makes sense)

sam hamm
06-04-08, 09:11 PM
Actually they will raise the rear if you lower it. probably not to stock heigth but it will raise it. your lowering kit should come with instructions on how to modify your ride heighth sensors to fix this, mine did.

what kind of kit do you have?

dstinson
06-05-08, 12:57 PM
i have the mcgaughy spindles which is what (I think) most people have here. It also came with relocation brackets for the rear. They are pretty easy to install yourself if you are comfortable around suspension.

sam hamm
06-06-08, 07:38 PM
i have the mcgaughy spindles which is what (I think) most people have here. It also came with relocation brackets for the rear. They are pretty easy to install yourself if you are comfortable around suspension.

thanks so much man. i d if i will still be lowering it but if i do your help helped out alot.