: replacing oil pressure sending unit

rsr2216
05-22-08, 09:56 PM
I'm replacing my oil pressure sending unit on my 2000 deville base; 135000 miles. I noticed that there is a motor mount in the way of the black plug in. it looks like there is a threaded plug that I can get to. Do you need to remove the motor mount;oil filter etc.?? Does the oil need to be drained from the motor? I'm getting low oil pressure- stop engine now alarms. it clears right away after restarting.doesn't happen all the time. the only change that I have done is started using valveoline high mileage oil. the dealer said that it is usually the sending unit. thanks for any instructions.great forum and more info than the average person can digest.

dkozloski
05-22-08, 10:20 PM
Do some searches. There are dozens of threads on this issue.

Ranger
05-23-08, 10:07 AM
It's mounted on the oil filter adapter. Shouldn't need to drain the oil or remove anything else to get at it I believe.

rsr2216
05-23-08, 09:55 PM
Thanks Ranger, I bought one at the dealer today- $19.61. They want $110.00 to install.Don't think so. The unit came attached to the metal plug.Even has some sort of pipe tape on it. Should be able to unscrew the plug and slide the sensor off the top of the motor mount and unplug the old one. Just didn't know about how much oil would come out if any.

tateos
05-27-08, 04:31 PM
Not much will come out