: I have a question about the sound system in my 1994 fleetwood brougham

saved94fleetwood
05-22-08, 05:23 PM
I am having a problem with my 1994 fleetwood brougham. I installed two kenwood exceralion speakers in the package tray and also installed a apline radio with the metra amp bypass kit. Now the problem that i am having is that it sounds like garbage. There is no bass and sounds really tinny. All the speakers work and the rear speakers work good (i am working to amp them) but the rest have no bass at all. What am i doing wrong? I have fiddled with the radio till no end to try and make it sound way better but to no avail. Are the door speakers the problem? what are the door speakers ohmed at? Any help would be apprecatied
Thank you
Garret

caddycruiser
05-22-08, 10:09 PM
Hmm, with all stock speakers and everything else, but just my Pioneer head unit and the Metra bypass...all sounds GREAT.

When I first did it, I noticed less "presence" than a day before with the stock stereo and amp, but then got it right with the proper settings and it sounds much clearer and crisp all around. What you might be seeing, possibly, is just the difference without going through an amp anymore? Now that the stock one is bypassed, that's my thought.

still_walkin
06-08-08, 09:44 AM
is the box to factory specs for the subwoofer and check your subs wiring or your amp for your sub might not have a good enough ground