: Battery Guage Discharging

smoey847
05-21-08, 09:14 PM
I have a 2004 Excalade EXT.

I just recently had the alternator replaced due to the the battery guage showing a discharge. The strange thing is that it's spontaneous. It is not constant. Sometimes it charges, other times it doesn't. Has anyone else had a similar issue or have any information to offer? Thank!

smythcounty
05-21-08, 10:44 PM
If you replaced the alternator and that didn't fix the problem you may have a loose connection coming from the alternator. Check the connections on the alternator to make sure they are secure. Or you could have gotten a bad alternator...that happens more than you would think especially on a remanufactured alterator. Take it to your local auto parts store and have them test the alternator and battery....

hcvone
05-22-08, 08:15 AM
As said get your battery checked, you may have a cell going bad.

cadillacroadside
05-22-08, 08:54 AM
IF YOU CAN CHECK GM BULLETIN 02-06-03-008C we see this alot of times on the escalade, especially if yours with eguiped with a charging module, you will see a coonector hooked to your battery cable about a foot away from the battery, if that is the case the alternator during normal driving conditions charges and supplies voltage over 1000 rpms, if you are not having any problems starting the vehicle i would take a good look at this bulletin