: Dumb Question Any Dealers willing to do a Buy Back Trade (no is OK)

anim8orCTSV
05-21-08, 08:51 PM
Hey All,

I was wondering if there are any Dealers in Southern California that would be willing to do a buy back trade?

The in my area is only getting two and they told Cadillac that they would not be able to do it. I was hoping that there would be another dealer that would be getting more than just two.

The good news is I am at least getting moved to the top of the order list for the 09.

Bad news is I don't know what I am going to do for 5 or 6 months while I wait. (If I can't do a buy back trade).

I am not holding my breath here, since I understand why you would not want to do it.

-Paul

Dr Chill
05-21-08, 09:13 PM
Hey All,

I was wondering if there are any Dealers in Southern California that would be willing to do a buy back trade?

The in my area is only getting two and they told Cadillac that they would not be able to do it. I was hoping that there would be another dealer that would be getting more than just two.

The good news is I am at least getting moved to the top of the order list for the 09.

Bad news is I don't know what I am going to do for 5 or 6 months while I wait. (If I can't do a buy back trade).

I am not holding my breath here, since I understand why you would not want to do it.

-Paul

I assume what you mean is for the dealer to sell you a car and buy it back when the CTS-V you ordered arrives in 5 months or so. I'm sure every dealer would do this, but they call it trading in your car that is 5 months old and for a significant amount less than you paid, not including all the tax you paid up front. If it were 3 or 4 weeks, they might throw you a loaner car, but not for 5 months. They have no reason to do this.

I recommend asking the dealer where you gave a deposit to get you the best deal they can on a rental car on a month to month basis (should be somewhere around $300 to $500 a month). That way you don't have to insure the car other than the premiums you are already paying, assuming you or your family member has another car with insurance.

Another option is to assume somone else's lease on swapalease.com, but this incurs a $450 fee for lease transfer and requires adding the car to your insurance policy.

anim8orCTSV
05-21-08, 10:03 PM
Actually, what I mean is, GM is buying back my car and one of the options was to do a trade on the lease for the 09 when it comes out.

-Paul

CTSV_510
05-21-08, 10:16 PM
If you can handle it, just buy a beater to drive for 5 months. Then you'll appreciate the V that much more. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1995-Cadillac-Eldorado_W0QQitemZ220237225843QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20T rucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item22023722584 3&

anim8orCTSV
05-21-08, 11:14 PM
I got that taste each time I took her in for service :-)

-Paul

CVP33
05-28-08, 07:02 PM
If you can handle it, just buy a beater to drive for 5 months. Then you'll appreciate the V that much more. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1995-Cadillac-Eldorado_W0QQitemZ220237225843QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20T rucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item22023722584 3&

Coupe? Check
Landau Top? Check
Blue Velvet interior? Check
Chrome rims? Check
Sport wing? Damnit, not big enough.

Oh well. It was close to being perfect.

Kadonny
05-29-08, 06:04 PM
If you have a lease, I think you can opt to keep paying the monthly payments to keep the car for a minimal amount of time after the lease is up......I think (don't quote me on that but ask anyway).