: Just bought a new trunk emblem and wreath for 99 cents!

93DevilleUSMC
05-20-08, 07:57 PM
I just won this thing on eBay for $.099, plus $6.99 shipping and handling. It is a used but unfaded trunk emblem and wreath for the 1993 Deville.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330236173259

gdwriter
05-20-08, 08:08 PM
I love eBay. Replaced all of my faded emblems (C-pillar, trunk lock cover, hood ornament) with like-new ones that way. All it takes is some patience and persistence, and you can get nice parts very cheaply.

93DevilleUSMC
05-20-08, 08:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300224467252

I bought a new hoodie as well.

Destroyer
05-20-08, 08:28 PM
Wow, nice emblems.

93DevilleUSMC
05-20-08, 08:31 PM
Thank you.

Florian
05-20-08, 09:17 PM
:embz:

F

93DevilleUSMC
05-21-08, 12:36 PM
GD, how much did you find your pillar emblems for? Also, did you replace all of your chrome badges, or just the wreaths and crests?

MacKiNBacK
05-22-08, 01:36 PM
That seller has some good deals... Full sets for $20. Wish I could find the accents to my coth top... Lot of the gold is faking off.

MacK

93DevilleUSMC
05-22-08, 06:09 PM
That seller has some good deals... Full sets for $20. Wish I could find the accents to my coth top... Lot of the gold is faking off.

MacK

I've seen a few gold decals on ebay, but try a web site that sells new GM parts wholesale.

gdwriter
05-29-08, 12:29 AM
GD, how much did you find your pillar emblems for? Also, did you replace all of your chrome badges, or just the wreaths and crests?It's been over a year, but I think I paid somewhere between $10 and $15 for the C-pillar emblems.

On my car, all of the color wreath and crest emblems on the outside (hood ornament, trunk lock cover and C-pillar) were faded, so I replaced them all. But the rest of my chrome emblems were on the car and in good shape.

derrty_deville
05-30-08, 12:35 AM
I seem to be the only guy that read it and i aint much for readin things.

PLEASE SPECIFY TYPE OF CREST LOCK NEEDED AS THERE ARE TWO TYPES AVAILABLE. EITHER HELD ON BY LOCK ITSELF OR BY RIVETS. ITEM IS USED AND MAY BE FADED AND OR PITTED.

Anyway Im sellin a set of center caps like gary's. The cooler ones.

93DevilleUSMC
05-30-08, 01:39 PM
It's been over a year, but I think I paid somewhere between $10 and $15 for the C-pillar emblems.

On my car, all of the color wreath and crest emblems on the outside (hood ornament, trunk lock cover and C-pillar) were faded, so I replaced them all. But the rest of my chrome emblems were on the car and in good shape.

That's definitely a decent price. I'll have the trunk and hoodie installed soon, and I'll post pics then.

gdwriter
05-30-08, 04:57 PM
That's definitely a decent price. I'll have the trunk and hoodie installed soon, and I'll post pics then.Whenever you get new C-pillar emblems, I posted a thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-detailing-appearance-modificationinterior-exterior-including/106274-replacing-faded-emblems.html)
about replacing them without scratching the paint. (the short version is you use dental floss to pry them off.

93DevilleUSMC
05-31-08, 07:17 PM
Whenever you get new C-pillar emblems, I posted a thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-detailing-appearance-modificationinterior-exterior-including/106274-replacing-faded-emblems.html)
about replacing them without scratching the paint. (the short version is you use dental floss to pry them off.

Can you use dental floss for the same thing if the wreath on your trunk has fallen off?

93DevilleUSMC
06-02-08, 02:38 PM
New hood ornament came today, and it is MINT! I'll have pics later!

gdwriter
06-02-08, 02:58 PM
Can you use dental floss for the same thing if the wreath on your trunk has fallen off?If you're talking about removing an emblem that's glued on, yes. If the wreath has fallen off, you can use Goof Off to remove any dried out adhesive still on your trunk lid.

93DevilleUSMC
06-02-08, 03:06 PM
If you're talking about removing an emblem that's glued on, yes. If the wreath has fallen off, you can use Goof Off to remove any dried out adhesive still on your trunk lid.

Where can I find this Goof Off, and what's a similar product?

gdwriter
06-02-08, 03:33 PM
Where can I find this Goof Off, and what's a similar product?It should be available at any hardware store. Go to http://www.valsparglobal.com/val/resident/goof-off.jsp and enter your ZIP code to find a store near you.

93DevilleUSMC
06-02-08, 04:47 PM
Update: the shop I am using is booked until July, and since they are a family friend, I am staying with them for this project. I'll post pictures and updates as they come. By the way, GDwriter, I'm taken a toothbrush and cleaned my wheels up like you suggested. Products used where Meguair's Hot Shine and Whestley's Bleche-White.

TomDeville
06-04-08, 01:34 AM
GDWriter I recall reading
about your emblem adventures, it was
contemporaneous with my ebay purchase
of a replacement trunk lock emblem for the
1994; it came with both the pretty, and base
parts with rivets. Problem was some dick stole
the pretty part of the cover from the previous
owner and the base riveted part was still
on the trunk; consequently, I was required to
purchase another one with the hole and I glued it on
perfectly. It was from an STS from a different year so
it doesn't match technically ;but, nonetheless, looks good.
The prices for the two (2)were $10 & $7 respectively IIRC.
I wanted to use 3M emblem adhesive; but, had
difficulty acquiring it so I used "Gorilla" Glue which
was an excellent alternative (a Danish product seemingly
distributed from Cinci. OH.) In any event, my personal
emblem adventures made me a fan of ebay after considerable
historical reluctance.

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2::cool2: