: Tinting windows and tail light

JSMeloche
06-01-04, 03:08 PM
Hi all
I have had some quote made to tint the windows on my 95 STS with beige interior. The guy at the shop told me that since i have a light interior a dark tint would be better. He recommended 18% Onyx (black), this is a Premium metalic (but not too much) tint with lifetime warranty. They are asking 400$ CAN, the shop is Derand Motorsports in Ottawa. Is this a decent price for premium high quality tint? Other shop are asking between 260$ and 300$ but i think this is for regular dye tint.

I was also looking into tinting my tail light. My STS has the dreaded moisture inside the tail light. I am going to drill them to remove the moisture but I think they would look nicer if they were darker. Does any one have experience with tail light tinting? Do the cops keep nagging about this?

ItsAdam1
06-04-04, 01:14 AM
I don't know about up in Canada about the cops and tinted tails
But you got two options. You can go to a paint shop and they can have a mixture made up that will tint the lights but still give it a clear shiny look to it. I know it a mixture a clear coat and transparent paint.

Or you can order the VHT spray for tinting light. If dont right can it can look good. But this method is a bit more dull looking.

HTH
Adam
04 Red Escalade

caddyshack24
06-06-04, 01:35 AM
I have white leather interior.. went with the 5% limo tint.
Atleast they say it's limo tint.. if you get right up on the car, you can see inside, something i was never able to do with a true limo.

Its a no name tint and shotty installers, just something to hold me over.. i paid 135$ canadian.

I did goto their homepage and found this. http://www.madico.com/
"Also, if you're looking for a tint that provides disruption-free use of your cell phone, GPS, and radio, Charcool is our non-metallized alternative. Its quality is just what you'd expect from Madico, and it's guaranteed for life."

but its up to you man, your call..
gl.