: Window Button Pushed In

DLE
05-20-08, 02:14 PM
Yesterday, I was driving my truck and my wife was in the back seat with my son. He is 7 months old, and she was just entertaining him!

Anyways, she went to push the Window Button to roll down the window and the button got "pushed in"! The cover just popped off!

So how do I fix this guys? I tried pulling it out but cant!

Do I have to take the whole damn door panel off? If so, how do I do that? How many screws and where are they located?

I attached a pic of the window button. Its an '04 EXT by the way.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c196/DoctorLe/MISC%20PICS/dr.jpg

hcvone
05-20-08, 03:06 PM
Well that means it's time to trade it in. :stirpot: Not sure if the panel area comes off or you have to take the door apart, I think where the switch is pops out. hopefully someone can confirm that

cadillacroadside
05-20-08, 04:08 PM
you need to remove the door panel unfortunetly, once you get it off you wiil probably see the mounting clip is broken but u can epoxy it, if the switch stills works its worth it to fix it

DLE
05-20-08, 04:33 PM
Sounds good. I'll tinker it when I get a chance to take the panel off. Anybody of you guys taken the panel off before? if so, how did you do it?

I can probably figure it out, as i've taken doors apart before, but if you guys know, it'll save me time looking for those screws.

TIA :thumbsup:

The Scientist
05-21-08, 03:39 PM
How did you get striped carpet on your door???

ggcr
05-21-08, 04:33 PM
Very easy to remove the panel.

1. There is a screw on the bottom of the panel.
2. The chrome door lever the thin plastic around the lever comes out very easy and there is a screw that needs to be removed.
3. The lock latch pops right off.

Once you have done the above slide the panel up and it will come out with ease.
Hope that helps.

DLE
05-21-08, 06:06 PM
Very easy to remove the panel.

1. There is a screw on the bottom of the panel.
2. The chrome door lever the thin plastic around the lever comes out very easy and there is a screw that needs to be removed.
3. The lock latch pops right off.

Once you have done the above slide the panel up and it will come out with ease.
Hope that helps.

That is VERY helpful! Thank you!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How did you get striped carpet on your door???

As for the stripes, thats not my truck. I stole a picture from ebay of the door panel to post it here. The truck I stole the pic from on ebay was FULLY DETAILED, so when they detailed it, they stripe the carpet like that!