http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

It's much faster then the previous version and there's a lot more goodies

JimmyH
05-19-08, 03:38 PM
release candidate=do not use unless you have ballz

eyekandyboats.inc
05-19-08, 10:02 PM
fast? not to much faster.
i wonder if it will have the same problems.
every so often all my tabs and favorites would dvanish

JimmyH
05-19-08, 11:59 PM
I have yet to have a problem with Firefox. Safari seems to render pages faster, but that is offset by its lag.
I have tried them all, Firefox stands atop.

Ranger
05-20-08, 12:03 AM
Should I update, Jimmy? Or just leave well enough alone?

JimmyH
05-20-08, 01:27 PM
just leave well enough alone

RCs are for folks who like living on the edge.

BTW, do you want/need an external hard drive?
I got a new one on the way, and already have two :rolleyes:
I know you are low on disk space, and my Seagate has 160gb; it would work well for you if/when you decide to rip your LPs to disc.

gary88
05-20-08, 01:30 PM
Bloody Firefox deleted all my favorites today when I restarted by computer :banghead:

That's the 3rd time that has happened in the last month

JimmyH
05-20-08, 01:33 PM
Do you use any plugins? I don't understand how it could just delete your bookmarks (I assume that is what you mean.)

gary88
05-20-08, 01:50 PM
All I have is Zotero, but I never really used it at all.

Lord Cadillac
05-20-08, 03:17 PM
I've been using Firefox for years (intensively) and never had my favorites deleted...

I'm using the RC1 now. I loaded it onto my wife's MacBook and it seemed fine - so I loaded it onto my MBP and it's working fine there as well..

eyekandyboats.inc
05-20-08, 05:24 PM
Bloody Firefox deleted all my favorites today when I restarted by computer :banghead:

That's the 3rd time that has happened in the last month

EXACTLY what happens to me.
:cookoo:

caddycruiser
05-20-08, 06:04 PM
Great. For many years now, I've stuck to nothing but Firefox because, although not perfect, it's far and away above any other I've tried--of course IE and also Safari. I gave Safari two runs and just it lagged and never loaded pages correctly (always would load a saved/not updated version of the page from when I had first visited), and just annoyed me.

So time to install this and see...should be another good run. Thanks for Mozilla. Now, if only Thunderbird could match new Outlook in terms of overall functionality and compatible features, I could be as thrilled with it.

Albertan
05-20-08, 06:05 PM
I lost my bookmarks as well. I am traveling so I thought it was as a result of a power failure at the hotel. I guess I will see on my home and work computers. I won't be happy if those are gone.

JimmyH
05-20-08, 08:24 PM
always always always always always back up

I will take 'bird over Outlook any day of the week. The only thing I use Outlook for is contact sync with my phone (because you have to)

Ranger
05-20-08, 09:50 PM
RCs are for folks who like living on the edge.

BTW, do you want/need an external hard drive?
I got a new one on the way, and already have two :rolleyes:
I know you are low on disk space, and my Seagate has 160gb; it would work well for you if/when you decide to rip your LPs to disc.
I don't know if I need or want one. Will it speed things up? Probably just adding more memory would do it for me, right? Not sure I'm gonna bother with that LP idea.

JimmyH
05-22-08, 11:53 AM
No it wont speed you up. In fact it will slow you down, as I am certain your computer is USB 1.1, instead of the significantly faster USB2.0. I really don't think more memory is going to give you that much of a speed boost. Of course, that's an old computer, and you could buy memory for it CHEAP on ebay.

Cadillacboy
05-22-08, 07:16 PM
Thanks, let's see then

dwight.j.carter
05-22-08, 07:29 PM
I'll wait for the final version.

nikon
05-23-08, 10:53 PM
I like it...thanks for the headsup....only things that wouldn't transfer from FF2 are my gestures, which there was another add-on that works...and my theme...which I found another better one....oh and I find it much faster with gmail and the likes.