: headunit in cd changer slot?

sam hamm
05-19-08, 01:31 PM
i see that some guys put a headunit in the spot where the cd changer usually is and leave the stock nav. well what i want to ask is where do they get the wiring from if its still connected to the nav and such?

TheCaddyKidd
05-19-08, 03:35 PM
I think what you are thinking of are the guys that threw a dvd player/flip out where the 6 disc cd changer goes. This is just to have either a dvd player or flipout or both. I havnt seen anyone make that their actual stereo unit, just an add on to play movies and such.

sam hamm
05-19-08, 10:22 PM
i kind of understand now but how do they get the sound to come out through that if they still have there stock units?

does the stock nav unit play dvds?

TheCaddyKidd
05-19-08, 10:34 PM
The stock nav will not play dvd's. However, if you go to www.pac-audio.com you can find some items that will help integrate a nice a/v system into your vehicle. For example one of their units allows you to add auxillary inputs into the stock headunit so you can hook in audio cables. Then they make another unit that with the flick of a switch can play video from an external video source like a playstation or dvd player. So in essence with those 2 units your stock nav will have videos play on the screen and you will hear audio over your stock system. As stated above though, the stock unit will not actually play dvd's. you need some kind of dvd player to read the disc. If you are looking to do some kind of a/v system let us know the specifics and maybe some guys could chime in. Also you can try emailing pac-audio as they are pretty good with customer service os I am sure they would get back quick with which items you would need. Hope this info was useful.

sam hamm
05-23-08, 12:12 AM
okay guys thanks!

im going to go check it out