: Stuck Buttons, Could Use Some Help......

DopeStar 156
05-18-08, 02:04 PM
About a week ago my jackass brother spilled iced tea, a bit got on my GameCube, and now the buttons stick. Both the buttons and the GC work but they're sticky when they go up and down. What do I use to dissolve this crap?

So far I was thinking rubbing alcohol or a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of WD-40 dribbled inside the button but I want some opinions before I start dumping shit on my Nintendo.....

Eric Kahn
05-18-08, 04:20 PM
No WD-40, the rubbing alcohol would work, it does not leave a residue, electrical contact cleaner in a spray can would work and flushout the crap that is making the buttons stick, make sure it is unpluged and powered off when you do it and give it a day to dry out

also unplug the controlers and remove the game and memory cards before you try to clean it

dkozloski
05-18-08, 04:23 PM
Clean it with tap water with it unplugged. Dry it with a hair dryer. It works with a laptop full of Pepsi. I've also used Windex in a spray bottle.

Kev
05-18-08, 05:20 PM
Yeah, Windex, it's also good for bug bites, skin rashes .....

dkozloski
05-18-08, 05:44 PM
Back in the day we cleaned Klixon workstation keyboards by running them through a dishwasher and drying them overnight in the boiler room.

The Tony Show
05-19-08, 02:57 PM
I dropped some Salsa on my 360 controller and ended up with stuck buttons. Most controllers are assembled with Torx head screws (the Nintendo might even be tiny Phillips). Take the controller apart and clean it up from the inside- you'd be surprised how simple it is once you get it apart.

DopeStar 156
05-19-08, 06:29 PM
Actually he spilled it on the GameCube itself. The Open, Reset, and Power buttons have a layer of sugar you have to break if they haven't been moved in a while.....