: Quick Audio Question For Those With More Knowledge....

TheCaddyKidd
05-18-08, 04:56 AM
I just had a quick audio question for those of you guys that have more knowledge on this kind of thing. I see they make some kickpanels for the Escalade. I was thinking that since I am adding a lot of bass I would try and upgrade the audio a bit. Now here is what I am wanting to do. I am thinking of grabbing the kickpanels that they make and throwing in a set of good speakers that will fit. Now can i just tap the stock speakers signal and have the aftermarket/kickpanel speakers run off a separate amp while keeping all the factory speakers? My thinking is that with all the extra bass I don't want to have an overwhelming amount of bass and not be able to actual hear the words or anythign like that.. my first setup i had was only like 800 watts and that was pretty loud in the EXT.. my new setup is going to be 1500rms/3000max... so again my basic question is "Can I tap the factory speakers to gain a signal to run aftermarket components in a kick panel enclosure and retain facotry speakers. I want to have all the factory door speakers, tweets plus an aftermarket pair of a speaekrs and tweets. Thanks for any input..

sam hamm
05-19-08, 02:30 PM
where did you find the kick panels at?

ggcr
05-21-08, 05:42 PM
If you want to power both the factory and the kickpanel speakers you will not have enough power. You will end up needing another amp.

TheCaddyKidd
05-21-08, 09:06 PM
Well that was my plan. I was going to run the factory speakers off the stock amp and then run the kickpanels off an aftermarket amp that had leads from teh stock speakers.