: HID Installation?

TDotJDizzle
05-17-08, 11:41 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to where one could get a HID conversion kit installed? I'd love to have it done to my CTS but I'm not too mechanic-savvy... don't wanna mess anything up! Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

I'm in the Toronto area

packrat427
05-18-08, 12:23 AM
Most of the sets are plug and play , no wire cutting .
They are very easy to install .

You would most likely have a hard time having a dealership installing them .

You would have more luck with a small local owned shop .

TDotJDizzle
05-18-08, 01:09 AM
You reckon it might be simple enough for a newbie to install? I'd give it a shot if I knew of others skill-challenged like me that were able to install it without too much hassle... thanks for the reply, btw.

packrat427
05-18-08, 08:53 AM
Just make sure you read the directions .

If your car has DRL's (Daytime running lights ) you will need to disable them .

Unplug and plug the new kit in , the hardest thing , would be drilling a hole to mount the transformers .

TDotJDizzle
05-18-08, 12:00 PM
Thanks... greatly appreciated.

ghettomike
05-20-08, 02:05 AM
i know a guy that runs a online store and im sure if you buy them from him he can install them for you...kinda just a guy i know from another car forum...if you want his e mail send me a e mail at atomic_156@hotmail.com the store is called garage16.
otherwise i would recomend going to a car audio shop....they usually do stuff like that there too.
but the kits are really easy hardest thing from what i have read is just finding places to put the balast, other than that plug them in and turn them on