: I must really be a Cadillac fanatic...

Lord Cadillac
05-17-08, 08:08 PM
Cadillac is my favorite brand. It always will be. I may not always drive Cadillacs. If they don't have anything I want when the times comes to buy a new car, I'll opt for something else. I'm not stupid. But I'm definitely fanatical.

I've never felt bad seeing a Lexus (or whatever brand) being traded in for a Cadillac or any other brand. However, as I was driving past the local Lexus dealership, I saw somebody transporting the contents of their CTS into a new Lexus GS. That made me feel bad. Weird? Maybe...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-17-08, 08:40 PM
I agree, won't always own one, but they're my favorite brand.

DopeStar 156
05-17-08, 09:40 PM
If I had to list favorites.....

1. Cadillac
2. Chevrolet
3. Lincoln (What, bitches?!)
4. Oldsmobile
5. Buick
6. Pontiac
7. Ford (My dad's Mustang catches my eye every so often when unattended and my Taurus is beginning to impress me. 124k and it still responds well to my abuse.....)

Brizzal
05-18-08, 01:06 AM
my favorite brands are cadillac and chevrolet. cheve is a poor mans cadillac :)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-18-08, 01:24 AM
I too love Cadillac. I may not always own one, but I will never own anything but a luxury car. A Town Car would sit well with me, but a DeVille/Fleetwood takes the cake any day of the week.

AlBundy
05-18-08, 01:35 AM
One thing I can say is this site allows you to embrace other brands without feeling bad about your choice. Hell almost half of the Mods own non Cadillac models. Is this not a bias site? Hell yea.

AMGoff
05-18-08, 02:05 AM
^^ Agreed... on almost any other site, one would be ostracized for showing favor towards anything other than the "mother" brand...

Anyway... was this unfortunate person trading in an old CTS for the Lexus or one of the new ones?? If it was an old one, I might have stopped just to ask if he had even checked out the new CTSs. While I do have an affinity towards some foreign luxury makes, most notably Jaguar... I harbor a big distaste (more like an irrational hatred) for Lexus... I just don't like them (the LS is okay, but there's nothing exciting about them).

Either this guy hadn't even bothered to check out the new CTS or he has abysmal taste... As far as I'm concerned, the GS simply pales in comparison to the new CTS.

Jesda
05-18-08, 02:46 AM
I bash Lexus for fun, but I can see the selling points. For the most part, I can never find the right deal on the right Cadillac.

There was Chad's Deville, but like a moron I skipped that gem of a ride and bought a beat-up Seville from New York.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-18-08, 01:22 PM
It would have been epic if you had bought my deVille, but alas, it's gone to a good home (atleast I hope so) and I can look back on the time I had that car with many fond memories.

DopeStar 156
05-18-08, 02:47 PM
I've had my Fleetwood for exactly 4 years now and it hasn't seen a shop in over a year. The car has shown amazing durability and longevity. I don't drive it as much as I did when I first got it but whenever I get into it, it doesn't even feel like I can call it a "car" simply because it has earned so much more recognition than a mere means of transportation. The beast turns heads and attracts the compliments of many people where ever I go and as far as my social life goes, the car is a rolling aphrodesiac......

Lexuses have no presence at all, most of the time I miss them on the road because they're so meek and uninteresting cars. Let's face it, most cars you buy today have leather trim and woodgrain panels so what's left for attraction in the luxury market? Cadillac continues to bring new and interesting designs to the table each time and whether or not we love or hate them, it sparks at least a 5 page discussion thread about how gorgeous or ugly the car is. It's admirable that they go out on a limb the way they do, can you say the same for the competition?

MauiV
05-18-08, 04:31 PM
Maybe Im crazy but I do like a GS over a Gen I CTS. The 08 CTS is another story. My only real complaint about about the V is the interior since I havnt had rear diff issues and the 03-07 CTS interior is cheap IMO.

Its goot to see that GM now adresses that issue. Now if they would just get rid of those orange f'in lights in Pontiacs.

The Tony Show
05-19-08, 03:26 PM
I'm sure there's a legitimate reason someone would choose a front drive, sloppy handling V6 with worse 0-60 performance and bland Toyota styling over the 2008 CTS, right? Let's see.......

Umm......

Well.......there's- no...................

Errr...............

I've got nothing. They're an idiot.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-19-08, 06:56 PM
Actually Tony, not to be a douche or anything, but the ES is the FWD Lexus. The GS is the legitimate STS competitor.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-19-08, 11:47 PM
^ Burn!

JimmyH
05-20-08, 12:17 AM
Actually Tony, not to be a douche or anything, but the ES is the FWD Lexus. The GS is the legitimate STS competitor.

I have never driven an STS, but the GS has slightly more responsiveness than an ES. And an IS has slightly more responsiveness than the GS.

You can guess how much any of that means.

After the treatment I received at my dealership, I think I am a Cadillac lifer. The CTS certainly has its faults; admittedly the built-quality is nowhere near on-par with the Japs. But what good is great quality in a car that bores you? (read that as Lexus, Infiniti, and even Acura) The Japs have completely fallen into the trap of being everything to everyone, which basically yields soul-less, sterile cars.

AlBundy
05-20-08, 01:45 AM
I have never driven an STS, but the GS has slightly more responsiveness than an ES. And an IS has slightly more responsiveness than the GS.

You can guess how much any of that means.

After the treatment I received at my dealership, I think I am a Cadillac lifer. The CTS certainly has its faults; admittedly the built-quality is nowhere near on-par with the Japs. But what good is great quality in a car that bores you? (read that as Lexus, Infiniti, and even Acura) The Japs have completely fallen into the trap of being everything to everyone, which basically yields soul-less, sterile cars.

Yes Jimmy, I agree, that plate is very much you.:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-20-08, 11:32 AM
The Japanese want perfection. What fun is perfection? Where is the soul in perfection?

The Tony Show
05-20-08, 12:31 PM
That's what I get for reading too fast. :doh:

I still think paying for an overdressed Toyota is dumb (and please, no one give me the crap about a CTS being a Chevy. It's an exclusive chassis, interior and body, which the Lexus ES is not).

MauiV
05-20-08, 01:16 PM
He said GS, not ES. And yes I would STILL rather have a GS over a 03-07 CTS anyday off the week. I have been a fan of the GS platorm since they came out, ESPECIALLY in 1998 when the GS400 came with 300 HP.

It would be a toss up for me between a STS and a GS and would be a individual car to car and price comparison.

BTW, The GS and the 1st gen SC (I HATE the current SC bodies) are the only Lexus I have really cared for.

The Tony Show
05-20-08, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I know what he said now. That's why I said

That's what I get for reading too fast.

I have never cared for Lexus, due to both its Toyota roots as well as the fact that they're dynamically numb. Lexus has become the new "old man's car" with numb steering, tons of body roll and isolated suspension devoid of road feel. To me, a Lexus is more of an appliance than a vehicle.

MauiV
05-20-08, 01:46 PM
I agree that Lexus (minus the GS) are boring cars. The LS is the most brown paper bag flagship luxury vehicle on the road. The ES is horrid, the IS has looked like a Civic for too long, the SC looks like a TT gone wrong and the SUVs look EXACTLY like their Toyota brothers.

IMO Lexus made a huge splash and found a ton of love early but is now just cruising along on name and not substance.

Infinity got trounced out of the gate when both companies arrived but now they at least make some beautiful cars. The FX45 and the G37 are 2 of the best looking cars on the road IMO. I even like the new M's.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-20-08, 01:50 PM
I actually really liked the way the LS400 looked, but it was very bland and a total knockoff of the '80s S Class.

In other areas of design, it seems that the Asian companies are great at knocking off other designs, but they can't come up with their own good designs.

JimmyH
05-20-08, 02:00 PM
Actually, the GS, IS, and LS are all Lexus exclusive platforms.

The new G35 is very nice. Especially with the NAV. It has all the toys you could want. It also has a torque curve that looks like an inverted V, based on the way it drives. And it also has slightly more responsiveness than a Lexus.

I am guessing the car rag reviewers are being paid by BMW and Nissan for all the drooling articles they compose.

Lord Cadillac
05-20-08, 03:14 PM
^^ Agreed... on almost any other site, one would be ostracized for showing favor towards anything other than the "mother" brand...

Anyway... was this unfortunate person trading in an old CTS for the Lexus or one of the new ones?? If it was an old one, I might have stopped just to ask if he had even checked out the new CTSs. While I do have an affinity towards some foreign luxury makes, most notably Jaguar... I harbor a big distaste (more like an irrational hatred) for Lexus... I just don't like them (the LS is okay, but there's nothing exciting about them).

Either this guy hadn't even bothered to check out the new CTS or he has abysmal taste... As far as I'm concerned, the GS simply pales in comparison to the new CTS.

The owner was getting out of an old CTS and into a new GS. You're right - he probably never looked at the new CTS... And yes, this is a very unbiased site. All automotive sites should be this way...

He said GS, not ES. And yes I would STILL rather have a GS over a 03-07 CTS anyday off the week. I have been a fan of the GS platorm since they came out, ESPECIALLY in 1998 when the GS400 came with 300 HP.

It would be a toss up for me between a STS and a GS and would be a individual car to car and price comparison.

BTW, The GS and the 1st gen SC (I HATE the current SC bodies) are the only Lexus I have really cared for.

In 1998, the GS 400 was the fastest production sedan in the world.. I do like many Lexus vehicles, but only the LS truly impresses me...

Amaya
05-20-08, 03:24 PM
I Have An STS 2000, Needs To Replace The Grille Bumper [Lower Grille]
Part #: 25653077

Somebody, Please Help Me To Find A Good Internet Site To Buy It.

Thanks A Lot!!!

:hmm:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-20-08, 03:31 PM
Post a thread in the FWD STS section, you'll get more responses.