: Looking for sun roof part EXT 2003

05-16-08, 12:31 PM
I am looking for the 2 black plastic slides that are located on the sunroof frame (track) that the glass travels. These slides allow the wind deflector to raise or lower as the glass opens or closes.The slides are pop rivitted to the frame at on end and are inserted into a pin on the end of the wind deflector. I tried GM dealers..they said these parts are not available..gotta buy the whole frame..Tried junk yards...no luck...Can anyone help!! GM said these slides are for 03-06 models...I am sure GM used these on AV's, Tahoes, Suburbans...etc

05-16-08, 12:56 PM
Did you try gmpartsdirect.com?

Sloppy D
05-18-08, 09:23 PM
I've had the same problem for two years checked everywhere with no luck. I've basically gotten the habit of holding the deflector down with my finger till it catches, sucks but thats all I have found. If you run into anything make sure to post it.

05-18-08, 10:27 PM
I did some checking & found someone on the net...www.sunroofdoctor.com I think it might be the place for my parts...I'll check into this tomorrow...I'll post my results

05-19-08, 07:00 PM
Well, sunroofdoctor.com did not work out...I also tried www.car-part.com without any luck either...I finally found someone in my area that is going to machine the pieces out of a better thicker & stronger plastic...If it works out I might consider having a protype & mold made to produce these little buggers!! Let me know if you guys think it's worth the time & $$ to go ahead with this project...Do you think there is a demand for this part??? I feel GM has a lot of cars out there that have sunroofs whith these broken slides..& all GM can offer you is to buy the entire frame for about $900!! Let me know your thoughts...Thanks