: How many 09 V's are reserved at your dealer?

bossplayer
05-15-08, 05:50 PM
I got my car back a couple days ago to fix the shifting problem and checked to see how many people had a V on reserve.

"Two doctors" had theirs reserved, and that was it. I didn't bother asking how much to reserve one, but now I am beginning to get curious. Does it depend on the dealer?

MIACTSV
05-15-08, 07:48 PM
I gave my deposit back in Sept. 07 at Williamson Cadillac in Miami and am #2 on their list but don't know how many more orders they have taken since.

CTSV_510
05-15-08, 08:37 PM
"Two doctors"?

I love that they felt the need to tell you that they were doctors. I doubt they would have said, "A landscaper and an accountant" if that were the case.

BowenCT
05-15-08, 09:00 PM
I was at my dealer a week ago and other than knowing that there was a new V coming, they knew nothing else. Not when they would could order one, power, options, price, nothing.

Cadillac Tony
05-15-08, 09:40 PM
That's most Salesmen for you- they aren't enthusiasts, don't know jack about the product, and don't really have anything to say to you unless they're pitching a "deal".

A Salesman who is passionate about what they're selling is hard to find in any field, and cars are no exception.

HiTechRV
05-15-08, 10:48 PM
Tony when I can find a car guy who sells cars, I stick. The local guy I bought my wife's g6 vert from races road courses and drag. It is rare and refreshing to talk to a car salesman I do not have to educate on the products they sell.

gophaster
05-16-08, 01:21 AM
I put down my deposit in April at Williamson as well...I was told that I was number 7 on the list and I too was told that a couple doctors had a deposit down already...lol :cookoo: :D

They actually knew quite a bit about the car and even showed me a "brochure" on their computer that had the options, pictures of the car, color swatches, etc...

I gave my deposit back in Sept. 07 at Williamson Cadillac in Miami and am #2 on their list but don't know how many more orders they have taken since.

SRT8/BMW
05-16-08, 06:14 AM
mydealer has 3 deposits...I am # 2. $1000 down...MSRP.

MIACTSV
05-16-08, 10:49 AM
I put down my deposit in April at Williamson as well...I was told that I was number 7 on the list and I too was told that a couple doctors had a deposit down already...lol :cookoo: :D

They actually knew quite a bit about the car and even showed me a "brochure" on their computer that had the options, pictures of the car, color swatches, etc...

I'm not a medical Doctor but come Fall of '08 I'll be the Doctor of speed:burn:

gophaster
05-16-08, 12:33 PM
:cool2::2thumbs:

I'm not a medical Doctor but come Fall of '08 I'll be the Doctor of speed:burn:

BTW, they also "promised" me MSRP.

MIACTSV
05-16-08, 01:59 PM
:cool2::2thumbs:

BTW, they also "promised" me MSRP.

They promised me MSRP as well and said they were expecting to get them in late Sept early Oct I hope they are right because there seems to be no info from GM on this so far.

If they dont come in by that time i'm in trouble since my current lease ends Sept 21.

I guess I'll have to use my CHEVROLEGS until they arrive.:violin:

caddiedrummer
05-16-08, 09:42 PM
I am number 3 at my dealer but am only a lawyer, and they would not brag about that . Sold my XLR-V and bought an M5 to tide me over till Fall (or Winter)

gophaster
05-18-08, 11:44 AM
Same here, my current lease (Audi) ends October 5th...I hope the time table is right too....'cuz I need me some wheels! :eek:

They promised me MSRP as well and said they were expecting to get them in late Sept early Oct I hope they are right because there seems to be no info from GM on this so far.

If they dont come in by that time i'm in trouble since my current lease ends Sept 21.

I guess I'll have to use my CHEVROLEGS until they arrive.:violin:

Jpjr
05-19-08, 05:16 AM
Same here, my current lease (Audi) ends October 5th...I hope the time table is right too....'cuz I need me some wheels! :eek:

My lease ends in December and I would be surprised if production was cranking enough by even then to guarantee me one without some interim period. Hate to say it but you will want to have a Plan A (Plan B being you get the car in October). What will really start to piss you off is when some dealers have gotten their 2nd or 3rd vehicle while you are still waiting. Being at the right dealer is just as important as being on the right list. Unfortunately it is always somewhat of a guessing game until GM finalizes its allocation formula for the launch. Pre-orders mean very little compared to previous sales, target markets, and dealer appeasements.

gophaster
05-19-08, 10:49 AM
Makes a lot of sense. I will have to hope for the best. If I can at least be given a more exact delivery date in October then I can better figure out what to do. If I can't even get a delivery date by that time I guess it wasn't meant to be.

My lease ends in December and I would be surprised if production was cranking enough by even then to guarantee me one without some interim period. Hate to say it but you will want to have a Plan A (Plan B being you get the car in October). What will really start to piss you off is when some dealers have gotten their 2nd or 3rd vehicle while you are still waiting. Being at the right dealer is just as important as being on the right list. Unfortunately it is always somewhat of a guessing game until GM finalizes its allocation formula for the launch. Pre-orders mean very little compared to previous sales, target markets, and dealer appeasements.

Davidstan
05-19-08, 12:30 PM
My dealer here in Atl is not doing the markup thing either. My prediction, in 2010 the V will sale well below sticker much like the leftover 2006 sts v's did.

Jpjr
05-19-08, 04:44 PM
My dealer here in Atl is not doing the markup thing either. My prediction, in 2010 the V will sale well below sticker much like the leftover 2006 sts v's did.

totally agree. has nothing to do with quality but more to do with a realistic buying base and the economics of production vs niche vs price.

Jpjr
05-19-08, 04:47 PM
Makes a lot of sense. I will have to hope for the best. If I can at least be given a more exact delivery date in October then I can better figure out what to do. If I can't even get a delivery date by that time I guess it wasn't meant to be.

If your order is accepted and confirmed in the system you will be good to go. You've got at least six weeks from then. Good luck!

NormV
05-19-08, 05:04 PM
Nasty word, allocation. They allocate only so many with the Corvette and they'll have higher annual sale than the V so the V has got to have an allocation. Could just be a Chevy thing too! :)

Norm

The Tony Show
05-19-08, 05:50 PM
Every Dealer's allocation will be different depending on their market.

Davidstan
05-20-08, 09:54 AM
I'm betting there will be plenty of supply. GM with all the engineering that went into this car supposedly, and they only build a few thousand doesnt pass the "make sense" test to me. I agree, second gen V will be high quality.

JEM
05-20-08, 10:56 AM
I'm betting there will be plenty of supply. GM with all the engineering that went into this car supposedly, and they only build a few thousand doesnt pass the "make sense" test to me. I agree, second gen V will be high quality.

Like I tell people when it's come to Detroit trying to sell attractively-priced but badly-built big cars in Europe over the past few decades, in the land of expensive gas anyone who can afford to run something like a Chrysler 300C can afford to buy something a whole lot better.

Cadillac's in a bit of the same boat. Assuming gas prices remain high (I'll avoid my political commentary about Congressional cluelessless right now) cars are more and more going to be compared not just on purchase price but on operating cost as well, and as such the CTS-V's got to be competitive from a quality, performance, and image standpoint with vehicles of similar thirst.

The CTS-V will never add big revenues to GM's bottom line, and it certainly doesn't help with CAFE - its biggest benefit to the company is mindshare. So it's not really to GM's advantage to flood the market with them.

Jpjr
05-20-08, 10:52 PM
they will not 'flood' the market with V's, but unless a car is a niche vehicle built by hand, there is simple overhead involved that can only be recovered in volume. they will raise the price point as much as they can but it is an art and not a science. i am sure they will be priced to high margin and the dealers will slowly start discounting them just like every other high margin luxary car.

ylwjacket
05-29-08, 02:06 PM
Just talked to them today. They expect an allocation of 4, and there are 8 on the reservation list (yours truly got there 1st). They also said oredering package available in August, with around a Thanksgiving delivery date.

chris1268
05-29-08, 02:37 PM
Talked to mine yesterday and they have 6 allocated - with another 4 already set up for trades from other dealers.

v84life
05-30-08, 12:41 AM
As of a week ago my dealer had 12 deposits. Not sure what there allocation was though. I will be seeing him real soon to talk.

tedcmiller
05-30-08, 10:28 AM
I haven't given my dealer any deposit (they trust me), but the sales manager said I would get the first 2009 CTS-V to be received by that dealer. Whether or not they have any other orders or deposits was not discussed.

CTSV_510
05-30-08, 03:23 PM
Just got back from the dealer - they have deposits on 3.

FrgMstr
06-04-08, 04:11 AM
Dealer told me today, in less than two weeks the orders are placed for their 3. A black, a silver, a thunder gray. Gave them a $1000, they promised me the gray one at window sticker. Said late August or early September delivery most likely. Asked if I could go up to the plant to see it being built, they are checking into that.

urbanski
06-04-08, 06:14 AM
A Salesman who is passionate about what they're selling is hard to find in any field, and cars are no exception.

and cute ones are rarer still

RightTurn
06-04-08, 07:39 AM
Common urby. Since you are a doctor you should have no trouble securing an '09. No need to flirt w/Tony. :lol: (Besides, JimmyH will be jealous.) :coffee:

urbanski
06-04-08, 07:59 AM
i may secure one in 2011 used :) for cash