: Where to go for service?

THE EXECUTIVE
05-31-04, 03:27 PM
Dealer's gettin too expensive, any suggestions? Pepboys, R&S Strauss?

miscreant
05-31-04, 03:38 PM
Dealer's gettin too expensive, any suggestions? Pepboys, R&S Strauss?What kind of Service? Are you already out of your factory warranty with your CTS? :hmm:

THE EXECUTIVE
05-31-04, 06:09 PM
Oil change, fluids, lubricants, tire pressure, regular stuff.

miscreant
05-31-04, 07:14 PM
Anywhere you go, a Synthetic oil change will be expensive. All the other things you listed should be accomplished with the oil change anywhere you go as part of the "lube, oil and filter".

I'd stick with the dealer on the oil changes, as I feel more comfortable with a Cadillac Service tech working on my CTS. You can always pick up a 5 quart bottle of Mobil 1 at Walmart an bring it with you on your oil change, makes the oil change typically under $20...

CTSV OWNER
05-31-04, 11:01 PM
Hey its your car, service your car where your happy. Personally I would not go to just any quick service shop unless I knew that the person performing the work had been there a few years. Often times you go to a quick service type shop and the guys working are just out of school and learning on your car. My money will go to the dealer. They have a lot at stake and their reputation depends on how they treat you. They know they charge more but when you consider that the guys at the dealer are makeing a long term commitment, the techs spend alot (sometimes over $30,000) on their own personal tools they expect to make a decent liveing and generally stay there many years. You can count on them to be there next year when you go back. Who better to work on your car than the people the factory trains to fix the problems?

T_Dogg8
06-01-04, 10:07 AM
i agree usually the dealer has a vested interest in you. i personally have an old neighbor who was trained by gm to work on corvettes. he use to work at the dealership i go to and they reccomened him for my corvettes. he's the only one who touches my car. if i didn't know him i would go to the dealer. i'd never go to a jiffy lube or anything ever again. they've lied to me too many times.

greyghost04
06-01-04, 11:34 AM
I have 4 cars my kids use and they are all about ten years old. I have alot of brake, strut, cv boots, muffler work done on these cars. I found a Merlin's in the neighborhood that has just treated me fantastically. I 'm now friends with the owner and he constantly gives me discounts. He said my first Mobil 1 oil change is on him. After that it's $45.

T_Dogg8
06-01-04, 12:12 PM
if you're really particular about your cars (like me) and you don't know someone to do your work, make friends with someone :) take him out to lunch or something. and always tip. think about it, if you'll tip a waitress you might never see again, don't you think you should tip the guy who takes care of your car?

THE EXECUTIVE
06-01-04, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll stick w/ the dealer, maybe just not the one I've been going too. I'm not happy w/the treatment I've received and I'm going to complain.Just have to find another dealer that offers service within the five boroughs(N.Y.)

Who knows maybe they'll have cheaper prices,the one I've been going to is in Midtown, so that's probably why they can charge more.

T_Dogg8
06-01-04, 02:58 PM
good luck man. there's nothing worse than dropping your car off to a person you don't completely trust.

slk230mb
06-01-04, 03:46 PM
If you don't mind the drive try Paul Conte Cadillac in Freeport, LI. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. This is my first Caddy serviced there, but my family has been using them for about 6 years now, no complaints.