: Any info on Employee or Supplier Purchases

ssmike
05-14-08, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have any solid information whether or not employee or supplier purchasing will be available on the 09 V?

How many is Caddy trying to sell in the 09 model year.

The V1 sales records were abysmal - 3000 units sold in 2007.

Thanks.

Mike

Cadillac Tony
05-14-08, 08:04 PM
Hi Mike!

I got your email and responded. Hopefully the 07 sales of CTS-Vs were a result of many factors- the car was long in the tooth with no major changes since introduction in 2004, there was no automatic option and word had spread about some of the problems people had with the cars (diff, shifter and a perception of the interior being sub-par at the price point).

All those things are fixed for '09, and we're expecting a MUCH greater response than what we had even in '04.

Jpjr
05-14-08, 09:27 PM
You look at a car like the Challenger, where Chrysler has sold the entire 2008 production before the first car rolled off the assembly lines last weekend, and you can understand why they would not honor employee pricing.

Then you look at some of their SRT's, and thier attempts to do the same in order to maintain scarcity and residiual... which totally backfired. SRT8's choke dealer lots, and slowly but surely they have reinstated the employee discounts on all but a few.

I got my '06 V using the employee discount, and have decided to wait for the same on the new V if it comes in at the $70k price point. At $60k I would buy one without markup, but at $70k I will wait for the discount. Too much margin built into that number for me to forego my discount. ($25k premium to base CTS)

Krug Ford
05-15-08, 03:20 PM
I have been hearing that they might not offer the GMS on the V for 2009 we will have to wait and see. They do not have it still for the Z06

Jpjr
05-15-08, 07:37 PM
I have been hearing that they might not offer the GMS on the V for 2009 we will have to wait and see. They do not have it still for the Z06

Not sure, how will production of V2 compare to the Z06? Since both gain lots of efficiencies off of base platforms, they are somewhat comparable.

Buzz48317
05-23-08, 08:43 PM
They do not have it still for the Z06
Hmmmm....Funny, you can price a 2008 Z06 on the GMBuypower website and it will give you a GMS price. But other places on the site say exactly what you are saying...that the Z06 is not eligible for the New Vehicle Purchase Program.

CVP33
05-26-08, 12:00 PM

I still can't believe GM won't honor GMS for the Z06. Amazing to me as there are 1,631 '08's and 36 '07's sitting on dealer lots as we speak. I hope that the CTS-V is not blacked out, but you never know.

jordanfsl
05-26-08, 03:44 PM
supplier pricing would be nice at least

Jpjr
05-26-08, 08:20 PM
I still can't believe GM won't honor GMS for the Z06. Amazing to me as there are 1,631 '08's and 36 '07's sitting on dealer lots as we speak. I hope that the CTS-V is not blacked out, but you never know.

I don't think it matters, but they must be somewhat concerned with perception, and specifically residual/resale value. The reality is that if they are not selling the economic thing to do is establish equilibrium by lowering the price to meet demand... but nothing about auto sales is economic it seems lol.

onebadcad
05-27-08, 03:12 PM
The reality is that if they are not selling the economic thing to do is establish equilibrium by lowering the price to meet demand... but nothing about auto sales is economic it seems lol.

Good points, I am not in the Auto Industry, but have always been amazed that pricing is not based on what the public will agree to, rather than what the profit 'has' to be. I think Caddy will sell the entire production run at a price that is palatable, and can even increase such by reallocating resources. I think you can sell twice as many C6Zs at $65-70K than you can at $80K, same concept would apply to the V2.
Just give me mine for $60K loaded, and I am on your buyer's list.