: Tampa/All Florida Meet - October 25, 2008

cooncat
05-14-08, 04:39 PM
Hi guys,

We will be having another great meet. It will be on Saturday, October 25 at Kississimme Olde Towne. We will be there with the B.O.P.C club. According to the representative I speak to, they will have a huge showing there.

I have made the arrangements and will let you all know where exactly where we will be later on as I find out.

Let's have a great showing ourselves. I know you all will have a great time there. It's a great place.

Bob

Lord Cadillac
05-14-08, 04:54 PM
Thanks, Bob. I'll update the first post with all pertinent information as needed. You might want to add this event to the Meet Calendar! :)

tenmark
06-14-08, 05:44 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/tenmark262/DSCN7270-1.jpg

Damn, I'm just up the street from Olde Towne!!!! I guess I just missed your last event. Been a member for awhile. Just never checked out the southeast forum. Arg. This is just the kind of thing I'm looking for. I already have plans for the weekend of the 25th (bringing the family to Fantasy Fest) but I'll follow the post and watch for any date changes.

cooncat
07-25-08, 11:54 PM
Hi guys,

It's been a while since people have responded to this thread. Is anybody still interested in meeting up in October for a fabulous meet in Olde Towne. We will be joining the great Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmoble club as well. It should be lots of fun.

Let's get some activity on this thread!!!!!!!+-

ejguillot
07-26-08, 08:12 PM
I'll go!

Night Wolf
07-27-08, 03:03 PM
Now that I actually have weekends off, I'll be able to make the meet :)

Stoneage_Caddy
07-27-08, 10:31 PM
Im replying to keep tabs , gladys is doing beatter , new headlamp lense to replace one that got slayed on i75 a year ago by a truck tire , got the new interior panels and new side mirror (the gold liquid inside leaked out) ...

and hopefully a great paying job ...ok its a job as a teacher but its more money then im used to ...

if all goes well she'll be there still shiny , timing back to advanced and eating premium like the good old days

Brizzal
07-28-08, 11:13 AM
i might be up for it, the drive sucks...

cadillacmike68
08-01-08, 01:40 AM
I hope I'm in town during this time! Mayb I'll have my 1968 back too!!!

Boombotz
08-04-08, 03:41 PM
We might make this one.

Ville_Runner
08-11-08, 07:30 PM
Ill be there with a few friends... No other caddys, but one has a nice 96 IMP.

ejguillot
08-11-08, 10:10 PM
Ill be there with a few friends... No other caddys, but one has a nice 96 IMP.

Close enough for me! Come on down.

cooncat
09-02-08, 09:25 PM
I am bringing this blog up to the forefront to see if there is still interest in this meet. There hasn't been any action in quite a while.

ejguillot
09-08-08, 01:54 PM
Hello, anybody? Is there anybody else interested in going?

Brizzal
09-08-08, 04:20 PM
im still up for it

ericks04
09-09-08, 11:28 PM
hey i went to the last meet. only three V's tonyv, my buddies , and my self. i will be there , come on V's dont leave the rest of us hangin!!!! :crowded:

HartmanV
09-13-08, 08:21 PM
:DI will for sure be at his meet, look foward to meeting all of you all

ejguillot
09-23-08, 04:36 PM
Excellent!

Everybody else: Time to report in and state if you will attend! We do need a minimum number of attendees to have the parking lot section at Old Town roped off.

cooncat
09-25-08, 06:57 PM
Hi folks,

We need of minimum of 10 - 15 cars confirmed in order for our participation in this meet to continue. If we don't have this by Sunday night, I will be forced to cancel. I hate to do this, but I perfectly understand that the lack of participation could because of financial uncertainty and high gas prices at this time. It would be a shame if we had to cancel.

Let's hear some buzz and excitement.

Thanks.

cooncat
09-28-08, 07:56 AM
I regret to inform everybody that the meet in Kississimme has been canceled due to a lack of support from everybody, especially from the moderators and super administrators. I know that times are bad, but I am very disappointed.

Everybody, enjoy your beautiful Cadillacs.

ejguillot
09-28-08, 11:49 PM
I understand your decision. It's unfortunate that the forum admins (2 of which live in FL) didn't make more of an effort to make this meeting happen.

Night Wolf
09-30-08, 09:37 PM
wait.... so it's really canceled?

ejguillot
09-30-08, 10:06 PM
Apparently so. Cooncat needed a minimum of at least 10, preferably 15 attendees to commit to attending before the minimum time to tell Old Town whether to reserve the parking or not. He only got about 6 "will attend" and 2-3 "maybe" replies from May to now, that wasn't enough based on the fact that you always have a couple of people who said they'd show and don't.

The deadline was last Sunday, so he was forced to tell the Old Town people there wouldn't be enough attendees to make the meet happen.

Night Wolf
10-01-08, 03:49 PM
Heh, the first time I actually have a weekend off and would be able to make one of these things in nearly 2 years... and it is held off :(

Ah well... I'll keep an eye out for the next one.

Brett
10-02-08, 01:21 PM
What did you guys want us to do? We dont have the ability to inform people the way that you wanted us to.

Cadillac Forum
10-02-08, 03:43 PM
I've been far too busy to get involved and I'll be out of the state during the time of the meet.. My suggestion to you, if you'd like to have more eyes on your meets (heh) in the future, is to create a flashy SIGNATURE with information and links to the discussion - as well as using the forum calendar to post the events.

Boombotz
10-04-08, 12:52 PM
I never had a problem:hide:!

Jesda
10-08-08, 03:09 PM
So sad.