: Smooth move, Ex-Lex

Jesda
05-14-08, 10:37 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1951848/Paul-McCartney-'horrified'-as-his-eco-car-is-flown-7,000-miles-from-Japan.html

The Lexus LS600H, which costs 84,000, was a gift from Lexus to the 65-year-old former Beatle, who helped promote the hybrid vehicle.

But instead of arriving by boat as expected, the car was flown to Britain on a Korean Air flight, creating a carbon footprint almost 100 times bigger than if it had come by sea.

Sir Paul is a vocal advocate of vegetarianism and has long been a poster child for environmental activism.

Paddy Gillett of the anti-aviation lobby group Plane Stupid, said: "For anyone to pretend that a private limousine is in any way eco-friendly is like pretending a private jet is. It's total greenwash."

It seems every celebrity's carbon footprint is the size of Al Gore's (huge).

Florian
05-14-08, 11:58 AM
hoo hah.....Heather Mills footprint is half of his....

F

CIWS
05-14-08, 12:09 PM
hoo hah.....Heather Mills footprint is half of his....

F

DOH !

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-14-08, 12:32 PM
+1 for Mick Jagger.

EcSTSatic
05-14-08, 01:16 PM
Geesh, he might as well have received a HumVee from a local dealer. Hybrid or not, he will never recoup the footprint it took to get this delivered!
Oh the hypocrisy!

AMGoff
05-14-08, 11:41 PM
Why would Sir Paul even accept such a gift that gets worse gas mileage than a three-ton Tahoe'brid?? All of these celebrity enviro-hippies get on my nerves from time to time... it's easy to be "green" when your pockets are full of it.

Frankly, I'll be the first to admit that on the list of my top concerns, the environment ranks just below the color of Hillary Clinton's panties... I'm just tired of spending money on gas.

Give me a new Volt and I'll be a happy camper!