: This really bites

dugansz
05-31-04, 08:04 AM
So I am taking the family to dinner last nite at about 6 o'clock. The wife says your car or mine. I say mine(96sts) cause I just put in and programmed the new homelink remote i got from ebay. Dumb reason, but good enough for me. We are cruising down the highway going EXACTLY 65 mph with the cruise control on. I always wear my seatbelt. My 2 year old in car seat in back and had just told my wife to put her belt on.. We pass a State patrol car in the median. After we pass he doesn't pull out right away, but then does after a moment. He follows us without any lights on for about a minute. Then the lights go on. I tell my wife we are being pulled over. She says"no way" for what? I don't know. So he gets out of his car and introduces himself. Then goes on to ask me about my window tinting, where i got it done and that the front side windows are too dark. He puts his stupid meter on and it reads 34%. He issues me a citation for 156 dollars and a court date. If i don't show up for the court date, i have to pay the 156 dollars. If I show up with the tint removed and back down to 50%, the fee is waved. He said he had written tickets for 8 others that day. What a bunch of bs. 40 years old, no tickets for the last twenty years, following all laws of the road, don't drink, and this dork gets me for window tint. I swear every day i see people with 20 or darker all the way around their cars. So, what should I do? It will probably cost at least 100 to get the old removed and the new installed. Thanks for listening to my rant. Wish I would of took my wife's gas guzzling Expedition to dinner instead.

Msilva954
05-31-04, 10:12 AM
Do you actually have to show it to them removed? Is it possible to get out of it if it was bought with the tint already installed?

At least this doesnt really effect your record.

elwesso
05-31-04, 11:00 AM
That definitely stinks...

So 50% is the law where you are? In indiana its 35% in the front 20% in the back... Theres people running around with 10% and that metallic stuff.... Either way its probably gonna be cheaper to have the tint redone...

brougham
05-31-04, 12:37 PM
Go after the place that tinted the windows. If you can't have the windows tinted that dark they shouldn't have done it.

Caddy Man
05-31-04, 02:07 PM
i got pulled over last nite with 20% all teh way around. But the car is registered to my mom and she has a doctors note. so i didnt get a ticket. either way i went to this tinting place for 25 dollars i bought insurance on the tint so if i ever have to go to court, they will take it off, let me go to court and then reinstall it for no charge. :)

elwesso
05-31-04, 08:57 PM
Wow thats a good deal... I want to get that sort of deal!!!!!!