: XM Radio disabled

kdinkel
05-13-08, 12:16 AM
We just purchased a 2006 escalade and were playing with the radio. Somehow we hit the disable button for the XM radio and now it now longer shows up as a service (we just have FM1, FM2, and AM). Anyone know how to reenable it?

ewill3rd
05-13-08, 07:27 AM
There is no disable button.
You could have a problem with the connection at the tuner, a faulty tuner, or a messed up radio.
Start by checking the connection. The XM module is behind the glove box.

Viking88
05-13-08, 02:47 PM
if you did not resolve yet, try pulling the radio fuse for a few, then put it back in. This should reset the radio.

luxurylife33
11-30-09, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know if my 03 w/ factory Nav has XM radio? I have an XM antenna, but XM does not show up on my screen. I only get FM1, FM2, and AM also as stated above :( .... Is there a way to unlock it?

I just can't stand commercials and having to keep scanning to find stations with actual music! CD's are a pain in the ass, and how would I know what new songs are out without a radio?

How much is it also? $120 a year if I remember correctly?

dstinson
12-01-09, 01:05 AM
I thought if you had the nav then it had XM, my 03 has both, I always have had XM (way better then FM), I would not think you could 'disable' it kinda odd. I think I pay the basic $15 a month.

luxurylife33
12-01-09, 08:59 AM
Damn i cant get xm to display :( i have the factory nav and xm antenna though...

ewill3rd
12-01-09, 09:03 AM
PM me the last 8 of the VIN or post it up here.
Better yet if you look at the SPID label in the glove box look for the U2K option.
If you have U2K and it doesn't work something is broken.
If you don't then you are spinning your wheels.

luxurylife33
12-01-09, 09:50 AM
Yes i see u2k. Last 8 are 3g309624. Thanks for your help. I havent seen xm since i bought the truck in oct 08

ewill3rd
12-01-09, 01:06 PM
First step is to flip the glove box out so you can see behind it.
Up and to the right in the opening is the XM module, be sure it is plugged in. I have seen several with loose or unplugged connectors.

luxurylife33
12-01-09, 08:19 PM
First step is to flip the glove box out so you can see behind it.
Up and to the right in the opening is the XM module, be sure it is plugged in. I have seen several with loose or unplugged connectors.

Looks like its missing ... damn ... looks like these are the plugs and the spot where its supposed to go, but there's nothing but empty space in the spot :(

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/luxurylife33/xm1.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/luxurylife33/xm.jpg

Is there a part number I should look up for the brain? How much would this run me through a dealership?

ewill3rd
12-02-09, 09:45 AM
Yep, that is where it goes, I think you found your problem.

Go online to www.specmo.com and look at their retail sales page and call them for a price on a receiver.
The black connector is the one you need for the module, there should be a yellow single connection antenna lead under there too.
Let them know you don't have one to return.

luxurylife33
12-15-09, 11:16 PM
I do not have a yellow antenna wire.... i noticed on eBay some have yellow antenna receivers and the others have blue. Do you have a part number to share for my 03 escalade with y2k option? Here is the one I want to buy off ebay but I wanna double check part numbers.... thanks!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/luxurylife33/xm-2.jpg

ewill3rd
12-16-09, 08:12 AM
If it has ever been installed in another car it won't work.
They are VIN coded once installed and putting them in another car will lock them and it becomes a brick.

The connector may not be yellow, in fact it is that blue one in the picture you posted, sorry for the confusion. They switched connections I guess a few years ago.
You'll have to get a new one.
Start by contacting a company called Specmo.
www.specmo.com

luxurylife33
12-16-09, 08:42 PM
Damn! I thought i was going to get lucky with a $50 unit. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it! I dont know why anyone would remove the XM radio from my car :( Any idea on how much a new unit would cost from specmo without a core? If its over $200, its not even worth my time...

dgfroerer
12-18-09, 03:20 PM
I don't know if this would help but if you email this company, they were selling the SIRGM1 and SIRGM2 Sirius receivers for about 100.00 each. They have them for 03-06 and 07-09 Escalades.
They plug into the factory GM harness and work just like the XM receiver.
Now the Sirius and XM merged the programming is about the same.

dynamicswarehouse1@comcast.net

ewill3rd
12-18-09, 03:46 PM
PM Luke at "Lindsay Cadillac Parts" and have him check with Specmo about pricing options or contact their retail sales department yourself and find out.
I am not sure what they charge.
All the stuff I do is warranty so...

Squeaky
02-16-10, 02:36 PM
I just bought an 06 Escalade and the 6 cd chager has no power to it. Is it dead or just a fuse?

ewill3rd
02-16-10, 02:43 PM
I have seen those fail, you can try cycling power to the unit but you will likely need a new one.