: Dual Alternator Kit??

TheCaddyKidd
05-12-08, 11:51 PM
just wondering if anyone has seen these.. i was looking on ebay and came across a dual alternator kit.. basically it looks like it comes with a bracket that you mount behind the stock alternator and then you just bolt on the second high output alternator right next to the stock one.. so according to them its a total of like 350 amps.. they also include a new belt that I guess fits it... just wanted to see if you guys had any input on it or if it would be worthe it... as stated in my other post i am thinking of just adding another battery.. maybe a yellowtop or something..

hcvone
05-13-08, 08:52 AM
I have customers that have replaced their alternators with a higher output unit, but have not seen anyone with a dual setup other than in pixs

Caddydude420
05-13-08, 10:03 PM
You wont need a dual alternator unless you have A LOT of shit to run. Multiple amps, lights every where, TVs everywhere, etc.

Upgrading the reguler alternator should be fine. A bigger battery can help (2nd battery will cause more strain to try and charge 2 at the same time). Doing the Big 3 also helps a lot (0 gauge grounds. Alternator to frame, Battery to frame, something else too but I forgot.)