: One million dead

Jesda
05-12-08, 09:56 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/05/11/myanmar.death.destruction.cnn

The video is not For weak stomachs.

Rolex
05-12-08, 10:14 AM
Very sad. That's the first I've seen or heard of that.

Florian
05-12-08, 11:00 AM
left them with 2 packages of biscuits.....sweet fancy moses :<

F

CIWS
05-12-08, 11:43 AM
So should the U.N. force it's way in there to distribute relief aid ?

jonnyd
05-12-08, 11:47 AM
wow absolutely ridiclous. All this could be helped if they allowed external support. Someone needs to go in there and take control. Just dead bodies lying on the side and no one picking them up.....its going to be one hell of a disease that forms.

Jesda
05-12-08, 12:04 PM
Correction: "Up to" a million. I think confirmed is maybe 300-500 thousand.

jonnyd
05-12-08, 12:06 PM

lol darnit jesda =P make sure you provide accurate info before i start passing your words around :D

93DevilleUSMC
05-12-08, 12:12 PM
So should the U.N. force it's way in there to distribute relief aid ?

Yes, and they should have forced the ruling junta out of that country years ago. But, like any other instance of genocide, the U.N. essentially passed resolutions all day and did nothing to stop yet another government from slaughtering it's own people.

Submariner409
05-12-08, 05:45 PM
The U.N. is a wonderful, helpful organization, dedicated to protecting all its members. Hell, they're now criticizing the U.S. for being internally selfish by producing so much ethanol from corn that we cannot feed the rest of the world. How's that for sharing and caring?

Why Myanmar (Burma) wouldn't let aid in a couple of days ago is beyond me. Too afraid of the world criticism for their military government's inefficiency ???

ewill3rd
05-12-08, 06:57 PM
I can bet that necropheliac Anderson Cooper will be hightailing it over there so he can get his rocks off by showing us lots of corpses laying around.
You can tell me that people died, I don't have to see their bodies.
Last time something like this happened I wrote in to his show that he could ease up on showing so many dead bodies and just tell us the information and show the devastation over and over instead of showing someone their loved ones laying dead before they were properly notified by the authorities.
A bunch of other folks joined me in my opinion and the next night he went on the air and basically said that he decided it was an important part of the story and he basically was going to do what he wanted.
That is the main reason I refuse to watch CNN and refuse to go to their website.

Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper are hands down two of the worst reporters on the planet.
What an embarassment they are to their network.
It is like watching the train wreck when watching them report on a train wreck :lol:

dkozloski
05-12-08, 07:04 PM
It's nothing new. The ruling junta wants the credit for the relief aid. If the outside world brings it in their cover is blown. During WWII the Russian people were told that the aircraft and supplies that the Americans were providing through lend lease and being shipped through Alaska were actually being produced in secret Siberian factories. The data and ID tags were stripped before the planes got to the front.

CIWS
05-12-08, 09:12 PM

Right now approx 30K dead and 30K missing. Certainly more to come.

Submariner409
05-12-08, 09:34 PM
ewill, you are correct: Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper are not, by any stretch of the imagination, "reporters".

They are highly paid actors, choreographed to sell CNN and its' twisted news product. Wait until the Hillary/Obama thingy plays out.....gored oxen everywhere.

chubbyranger
05-12-08, 10:59 PM
Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper are not, by any stretch of the imagination, "reporters".

Those two bozos are the typification of the term "infotainment." Its just that they need people to die instead of just wearing bad fashion.

ewill3rd
05-13-08, 06:32 AM
I wouldn't care so much if they were just as lame and idiotic as they are but CNN has one of them on almost all the time it seems like and they are both so stupid.
I was flipping channels the other night and AC was talking to some guy on the scene who was actually giving him some relevant information and Cooper interrupted him 3 times to ask about all the dead bodies.
He wants to be like the kid in the Sixth Sense and "see dead people".

I tried watching some of the debates hosted by CNN with Blitzer as a moderator and I just wanted to jump off a building.
Morons....