: More help in Jamaica "ride control"

Lucky in Jamaica
05-12-08, 07:20 AM
Hi guys! Whaa gwan? (as we would say in Jamaica.)
I have a new issue.
I am receiving a "service ride control" message. I did a quick search and started reading about struts and shocks that may be bad. Then, I read about steering.
I have a 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT that I shipped to Jamaica. I have so far not had many problems. I have replaced a ball joint and tie ends upon recommendation. What could the new problem be? THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!! I don't know what I would do without this forum!!!
Much respect

hcvone
05-12-08, 07:48 AM
I am moving this to the 1999-2006 Escalade section. :)

Lucky in Jamaica
05-12-08, 01:15 PM
Thank you for moving it to the right section. I'll check back later.

cadillacroadside
05-12-08, 01:19 PM
what are the codes???

pavloh
05-12-08, 07:22 PM
I had the same problem in my 04 esv. When you turn on the engine can you hear the compressor working for a couple of seconds. It is located behind the drivers wheel. If not this is the problem.
Here is the link to a tread I started about it.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/138843-air-suspension-compressor.html

Eldo1953
05-12-08, 07:34 PM
You need to get the truck plugged in to the diagnostic device known as a tech II. This will tell you exactly where the problem is.

Lucky in Jamaica
05-12-08, 09:28 PM
Thanks pavloh! That was very helpful information. Luckily, we can rule that out. We do hear the compressor for a few seconds when we turn on the engine, then the sound disappears. It seems to be functioning properly. I spoke with a mechanic from the dealership I bought the truck from in the States. The gm repair shop also put on my 22'wheels and rims before I shipped it to Jamaica. The mechanic said that larger wheels can sometimes rub a whole in the air line on the rear tires. He also said the sensors on the wheel could have gotten disconnected. There are man eating potholes that appear overnight on this island. We don't even travel far or on roads that we are unfamiliar with. Still, every once and a while, I can drop a tire into a huge hole in the "well, it is sort of a" road.
To get the codes, I was told I would need a machine that costs $3000 in the States. There is one in Kingston (town)about 5 hours away. We are good country people. It would mean staying in Kingston for the length of the time for diagnostic and parts arrival and repair. Jamaicans are FABULOUS; however, they, in general, do not trust one another unless they are family. We don't have family at the GM repair in town. Before we drive to Kingston, spend the night, maybe a couple, I was hoping to get an idea about what it could be. If we can figure out what is wrong, it has been cheaper to fly to the States, buy what I need and fly back than try to buy any parts in Jamaica.
I really appreciate all the advice. I wonder if I can get a diagnostic machine on line for under $1000usd. It would be so much easier to have the darn codes!
Much respect ;)