: AHAHA Some jerk is trying to hose me on e-bay.

nickc50310
05-09-08, 11:08 AM
So, as many of you know, I conduct a lot of business on e-bay. Mostly computer equipment that I resell for a profit.

Now, I sold a printer a few weeks ago. It was an HP 4200 series. As always, I wrapped the printer in bubble wrap and had UPS pack it. I have done this literally more than 40 times with a printer of this size and have never had a single one damaged in shipping.

So, I get a message from the guy that bought the printer saying it was completely crushed in shipping. Obviously, this isnt possible. The thing could be dropped from a 3 story building and come out fine- thats how good it was packed.

The printer was insured for more than the guy paid. I told him to file a claim with UPS and they will get him taken care of. Anyone ever filed a shipping insurance claim?

I also gave him the option of sending it back to me and I would refund his money. I would actually prefer this route as it would let me check all of the hidden markings I put on the unit and catch this little con artist in the act.

I wonder which one he will take. LOL!

kfx
05-09-08, 02:24 PM
where's he live, maybe you need to pay him a personal visit :bouncer:

nickc50310
05-09-08, 03:34 PM
HAHA Vegas!!

Hey can someone add jerk to my thread title please??

JimmyH
05-09-08, 03:35 PM
Consignee cannot file a claim, the shipper has to do it. And ups WILL investigate it.

EcSTSatic
05-09-08, 04:32 PM
Consignee cannot file a claim, the shipper has to do it. And ups WILL investigate it.

That's what I was looking into also. You paid for the insurance so you need to make the claim. That should make him even more nervous when you say UPS wants to see the package. Sounds like you are trying to make it right. EBay shouldn't be upset with you. These situations probably happen a lot.

orconn
05-09-08, 06:57 PM
I had a framed butterfly collection which I sold to gentelman on Ebay. The fellow emailed me that it had arrived damaged and was a complete loss. It was insured. JimmyH is correct the shipper has to make the claim. You will have notify UPS and they will pick up the damaged parcel and return it to you as the shipper you will take it to the place where you shipped from and they will followup with UPS. In the case of my claim I wouldn't reimburse the buyer till I was reimbursed by UPS ...... which took at least 90 days and alot of followup on my part!! UPS finally paid up for the destruction of the shipment and I was able to reimburse the Ebay buyer. Fortunately the Ebay customer was very understanding and all was settled happily for my and myself.

ahahnu
05-12-08, 09:45 AM
AHAHA

It wasn't me! I'm sueing for defamation of character!

jonnyd
05-12-08, 12:14 PM
i know the shipper has to make the claim. If it were the receiver...im sure fedex would be receiving millions of claims a day and loosing their arse.

nickc50310
05-12-08, 12:22 PM
HAHA Vegas!!

Hey can someone add jerk to my thread title please??

SOLID!! Thanks!!!!

I had a framed butterfly collection which I sold to gentelman on Ebay. The fellow emailed me that it had arrived damaged and was a complete loss. It was insured. JimmyH is correct the shipper has to make the claim. You will have notify UPS and they will pick up the damaged parcel and return it to you as the shipper you will take it to the place where you shipped from and they will followup with UPS. In the case of my claim I wouldn't reimburse the buyer till I was reimbursed by UPS ...... which took at least 90 days and alot of followup on my part!! UPS finally paid up for the destruction of the shipment and I was able to reimburse the Ebay buyer. Fortunately the Ebay customer was very understanding and all was settled happily for my and myself.

Guy seems like a total idiot. He didnt even respond to my e-mail. Obviously, he was trying to pull a fast one and had second thoughts when he realized he would be investigated and caught.

It wasn't me! I'm sueing for defamation of character!

LOL!!!!!!!

codewize
05-12-08, 04:26 PM
Wow, that's amazing. I had the same exact thing happen to me a few years back. I shipped a complete phone system and the recipient said the same thing. The they supplied photos of a smashed up system just like the one I shipped.

I soon caught on to the fact that they were trying to scam me when they didn't want to have anything to do with UPS and / or claims.

nickc50310
05-13-08, 10:35 AM
HAHA!1 What I should have done was some sort of rescam like people have done to other scammers. Oh well, too late now.

nickc50310
05-19-08, 10:16 AM
Guy finally e-mailed me back.

He sent pictures (dont prove anything).

He also said he bought a duplexer for $100 to replace the one damaged in shipping.

Due to his delay in getting back to me it has now been over seven days.

Due to this I offered him $30 (the price I can get a deuplexer for).

if he doesnt like it he can pound sand.

JimmyH
05-19-08, 11:46 AM
pounding sand is fun stuff

nickc50310
05-19-08, 12:02 PM
pounding sand is fun stuff

AHAHAHAHA!!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pound+sand

JimmyH
05-19-08, 01:49 PM
I have to say, I have never even heard of filling rat holes before. Indeed.

to be on topic (from me of all people :lol:)

Is it not the norm on ebay for the buyer to leave feedback first? I always have and always do when I am a buyer.

I sent a friendly reminder to this guy I sold something to a month ago, that if he is satisfied, please leave positive feedback, and then I will do the same.

He writes back all indignant, that he is insulted that I did not leave positive feedback for him first, and because of this, he will not be leaving me feedback. ????

nickc50310
05-19-08, 02:12 PM
The seller would normally leave it first. However, I NEVER leave it first.

If you leave it first you just lost any leverege in any kind of dispute. I sell enough stuff on ebay that I dont usually care if I get feedback.

Take this case for example- before i send this con artist any money he is going to leave me a positive. This insures I dont get a negative for foiling his obvious attempt at fraud.

Now, if he leaves me a negative I can still leave him one explaining of his fradulent actions.