: ebay ftw!



Brizzal
05-09-08, 12:30 AM
now ive see these chips on ebay but seriously +100hp and 30 more mpg?! people will sell anything and people will pay for anything....:cookoo::stirpot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAL-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-CHEVROLET-HHR-2004-2008-GAS-SAVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQihZ013QQit emZ230248271746QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

illumina
05-09-08, 12:50 AM
Bullshit. This is in the same line as an electric supercharger that claims to add 2+ psi of boost while adding fuel economy. Look those up on eBay - they're all over the place!

Red_October_7000
05-09-08, 02:57 AM
LOL -those electric superchargers are actually boat bilge pumps 90% of the time. 90% of that 90% they don't do diddley-dick. The other 10% of the time they are the real deal and cost appropriately (hundreds if not thousands of dollars). The OTHER other 10% of the time the cheap-shit ones can damage your motor badly.

Never seen those chips before but that's a new one! I've seen chips to increase performance but they usually work at the expense of fuel economy, which makes perfect sense. Increasing both fuel econ and performance by such vast figures from one chip, you'd think the car companies would equip these standard!

illumina
05-09-08, 03:01 PM
Yeah, they're bullshit - most after market chips for gasoline engines will net 20 HP at best. Those are also based on more than just a fuel curve too; timing, shifting, throttle, and fuel are just a few things. Another thing to consider, like mentioned above, when you enrich the fuel curve throughout the entire RPM band, how in Gods name will you net 30 MPG???

Something tells me that these crackers have no idea what a fuel curve really is...

The Tony Show
05-09-08, 03:28 PM
I'm buying one. Combined with my Hydro4000, I'll be outrunning GT-Rs AND getting 134mpg. Eat that, bitches.