: Off to interview with the DEA...

Spyder
05-08-08, 12:00 PM
...after two years of being on their best-qualified hiring list, they've finally decided to get rid of their new agent hiring freeze and bring on a new academy of Special Agents.

More to come.

Spyder
05-08-08, 12:00 PM
Damnitt. I speeled "off" wrong.

RightTurn
05-08-08, 12:42 PM
^^ :lol: Good luck, Spyder. "Sekrat Agent Man" :suspect:

gdwriter
05-08-08, 12:52 PM
Any word back from Hood River? Was there last week on a College of Agricultural Sciences bus tour of OSU AgSci and extension facilities around the state. Such a beautiful area.

Sinister Angel
05-08-08, 06:07 PM
Well, uhh, good luck with that.

I think the DEA needs to go eat shit and die though.

MauiV
05-08-08, 08:56 PM
Fed job. I love mine.

Its a good gig.

dkozloski
05-08-08, 09:30 PM
According to the liberal media, the best thing they do is raid the wrong house and assault old ladies.

Spyder
05-08-08, 10:53 PM
gd, nah, didn't get that one. I scored highest on the interviews but it came down to budget. The number two guy had the Oregon state academy finished, on his own dime, already. They took him and saved the city twenty five grand.

On another note, I think I got it. After the hour or so of interviewing they sent me out to the lobby to wait. Fifteen minutes later one of them came back out and said congratulations, you passed, follow me. We went and she took fingerprints in the LiveScan machine and told me to get my ass in shape for the PTT, described the medical exam and the psych screen and said there were five academies in the next year. My only worry is the damned physical test. I'm not in the best of shape and its frickin' ridiculous what you have to do. Buckle down and get my ass in gear is my only goal in life right now. I'm going to cut back the hours at work so I can concentrate on getting into the second best shape of my life and see if I can't get myself a good federal law job.

Dkoz, since when did you ever listen to the liberal media? :D

Sinister, what's yr. issue with them? Didja get your door knocked down for selling too much crank?

Spyder
05-08-08, 10:54 PM
MauiV, I actually already have a federal job, as does the wife. TSA for me and USPS for her. =D

caddycruiser
05-08-08, 11:16 PM
Sounds great...just get to that physical shape, and you'll be set. Not hard, really, if you're determined.

dkozloski
05-09-08, 12:05 AM
Get your wife to haul you twenty miles out of town every morning with a pack sack full of rocks to lug home. Running up the stairs in a skyscraper is good too. Carrying the pack sack full of rocks makes it better. Finish your day by running down the stairs. That'll turn your legs to jelly. For upper body, nothing in the world beats a pick and shovel.

When John L. Sullivan was heavyweight champion of the world he went to Nome, Alaska to see what the gold rush was all about. While there he agreed to an exhibition fight with one of the locals, a big Swede that could dig a trench like a backhoe. The Swede beat him up so badly that it was more than a year before he fought again.

70eldo
05-09-08, 05:34 AM
Good luck!!!

from
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2064818/fatmanlarge-main_Full.jpg

to:
http://www.nosumo.com/pics/muscleMan.jpg

:D
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/pju/lowres/pjun159l.jpg

Sinister Angel
05-10-08, 06:40 PM
Sinister, what's yr. issue with them? Didja get your door knocked down for selling too much crank?

Well, the whole war on drugs thing is a damn joke

Plus there is nothing in the constitution supporting the agency (or any number of federal agencies..)

Spyder
05-10-08, 06:59 PM
I take it you've never had a close friend or family member turn into a tweaker?

Or that the recent big bust at UC San Diego, it shouldn't have been done because the girl that OD'd and died in her dorm room was a good thing?

Or that the Colombian drug cartel's should have been left alone and allowed to run the country, killing and raping whomever they wanted whenever they wanted?

Yea, sounds good to me.

Sinister Angel
05-10-08, 08:07 PM
I take it you've never had a close friend or family member turn into a tweaker?

No, and it's irrelevant

Or that the recent big bust at UC San Diego, it shouldn't have been done because the girl that OD'd and died in her dorm room was a good thing?

No, it shouldn't have gone down because the government isn't here to protect us from our own stupidity.

Or that the Colombian drug cartel's should have been left alone and allowed to run the country, killing and raping whomever they wanted whenever they wanted?

K, lets do some simple econ..

Supply decreases, price increases (assuming demand stays the same). Supply is cut down due to laws. Prices increase, although actual cost of producing good is pretty much unchanged. Profits can be high (risk of getting caught isn't going to be a part of monetary cost of production).

Cartels (here or there) cause violence because gaining "turf" is profitable. On the other hand, if they are going to kill and rape regardless, that has nothing to do with drugs anyway, so it's a moot point.

Yea, sounds good to me.
No it doesn't, it stinks like a hooker's snatch. I'm still curious as to what part of the constitution supports the DEA.

hueterm
05-10-08, 08:41 PM
I bet you wonder why we have to have a military and why we have to pay taxes as well.

Good luck Spyder w/getting the post -- STAY SAFE!

Spyder
05-10-08, 09:21 PM
I've seen some pretty hot frickin' hookers.

What part of the constitution says you can drive a car, drink fresh water, eat a meal in a restaurant or have electricity in your house? Not to mention the lack of the constitutions ability to protect you against rape, murder, mayhem, arson, theft or any other sort of detrimental criminal act against your individual world. Your argument there is completely without grounds or sense.

You will find NO bigger believer than myself, ANYWHERE in this country or out of it, in the Constitution of the United States and the fact that it applies to individuals to protect them against tyranny, oppression and abuse. Based on that and that alone I refuse to argue any "constitutionally based" points on whether murderers, rapists and drug dealers should be allowed to run their "business" or be brought down and stopped.

Anyways, opinions aside, if I get my ass in the shape I need to be in and take the job, I'll be totally happy pulling dirtbags, murderers, rapists, pushers and all other sorts of criminal vermin off the streets. Chances are I'll be shot at, stabbed, beaten up a time or three and fall down more than a few flights of stairs...for not much pay...and good but not amazing benefits. Chances are I'll love every mutha f'ing second of it and I'm not sorry at all if I infringe on someones so-called, self-imposed "right" to be a slimeball or a criminal or a detriment to society, to individuals or to my friends or family.

Thanks to those who wish me luck. SA, no hard feelings. We just don't agree on this and probably never will. Different backgrounds and different life experiences. I've seen some bad bad bad things happen to people I love because of drugs and those involved with them. Both guilty and innocent friends and family, so don't even begin to tell me it is because of someones own stupidity when a stray bullet flies through the wall of one of my best friends' house from the neighbors during a drug deal gone bad or when my niece is hospitalized because of a chemical dump from a meth lab or when my 12 year old step sister witnesses two crank dealers get shot between the eyes on their own front porch by an 80 year old man who has nothing left to live for because they sold bad drugs to the nephew of the poor old guy and he OD'd and they left him for dead in a dumpster behind the local grocery store. Don't even BEGIN to tell me that it was my friends fault for living there or my nieces fault for playing in the park where many of us grew up in or my little sisters fault for sitting on the front porch eating a hamburger because it was a nice goddamned day outside and she wanted to enjoy the sunshine and the breeze.

Feel how you want about it. I won't think poorly of you or call you a bad person just because you haven't experienced the same things that some of us have.

Ah, dinner calls. Steaks have been seasoned and I need a shower. First day back to the gym kicked my rear.

Sinister Angel
05-10-08, 09:44 PM
I bet you wonder why we have to have a military and why we have to pay taxes as well.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

Huge difference between national defense (legit role of the federal government) and protecting people from themselves (neither legit nor constitutional role of the federal government)

Spyder
05-10-08, 09:52 PM
So again, in my three examples of personal experience, you say it is their own fault?

How so?

hueterm
05-10-08, 10:23 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

Huge difference between national defense (legit role of the federal government) and protecting people from themselves (neither legit nor constitutional role of the federal government)

Uh huh....well since you seem to want to take up for the drug culture -- and since there IS and WILL BE a DEA and other various (ooooh "shiver") "intrusive" big brother government agencies -- maybe you'll be lucky enough to meet up w/some of them one day.

(...another one added to the "ignore" list...)

dkozloski
05-10-08, 11:25 PM
There's no such thing as victimless crime. After you've burned your brains out with drugs and all you can do is sit around and poop in your pants you've put it on your family or the taxpayers to feed you and care for you 24/7. We don't leave the addicted idiots to die in the gutter which is what it would take for SA's philosophy to fly. Just another example of shallow thinking.

Sinister Angel
05-11-08, 12:11 AM
What part of the constitution says you can drive a car, drink fresh water, eat a meal in a restaurant or have electricity in your house?

The constitution is a check on the federal government, enumerating it's powers. Hell, according to the 9th and 10th Amendments..

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

and

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Not to mention the lack of the constitutions ability to protect you against rape, murder, mayhem, arson, theft or any other sort of detrimental criminal act against your individual world. Your argument there is completely without grounds or sense.
Oh, hey, I wonder what these state governments are for.

You will find NO bigger believer than myself, ANYWHERE in this country or out of it, in the Constitution of the United States and the fact that it applies to individuals to protect them against tyranny, oppression and abuse. Based on that and that alone I refuse to argue any "constitutionally based" points on whether murderers, rapists and drug dealers should be allowed to run their "business" or be brought down and stopped.
Erm... huh? I suppose it's a legit tactic - after all, Al Gore said the debate is done about global warming?

Anyways, opinions aside, if I get my ass in the shape I need to be in and take the job, I'll be totally happy pulling dirtbags, murderers, rapists, pushers and all other sorts of criminal vermin off the streets.
Biiiiiiiiiig difference between murder or rape and a drug deal. Big big difference.

Chances are I'll be shot at, stabbed, beaten up a time or three and fall down more than a few flights of stairs...for not much pay...and good but not amazing benefits. Chances are I'll love every mutha f'ing second of it and I'm not sorry at all if I infringe on someones so-called, self-imposed "right" to be a slimeball or a criminal or a detriment to society, to individuals or to my friends or family.
See above. If you get off on stopping a consensual transaction between two adults, may god have pitty on your soul.

don't even begin to tell me it is because of someones own stupidity when a stray bullet flies through the wall of one of my best friends' house from the neighbors during a drug deal gone bad
Why do I have the gut feeling this might have been prevented if the "war" on drugs didn't exist? As for a dispute during a transaction, what's to keep "drug deal" from being "crazy ass expensive baseball card deal"?

or when my niece is hospitalized because of a chemical dump from a meth lab
Or a paint factory, or a battery factory, etc. Should we ban those for that reason? I'm sorry for your niece, but to say that drugs are the only reason that a chemical dump might happen. Hell, the damn Cuyahoga river caught on fire for Christ's sake! That certainly didn't have anything to do with drugs.

or when my 12 year old step sister witnesses two crank dealers get shot between the eyes on their own front porch by an 80 year old man who has nothing left to live for because they sold bad drugs to the nephew of the poor old guy and he OD'd and they left him for dead in a dumpster behind the local grocery store.
Yet again man, you gotta be careful with this reason. This line of reasoning would be equivocal to saying that the stock market should be banned because a 20 year old kid blasted his dad's stock broker because he gave him some bad information.

Don't even BEGIN to tell me that it was my friends fault for living there or my nieces fault for playing in the park where many of us grew up in or my little sisters fault for sitting on the front porch eating a hamburger because it was a nice goddamned day outside and she wanted to enjoy the sunshine and the breeze.
Don't worry, I'm not.

Feel how you want about it. I won't think poorly of you or call you a bad person just because you haven't experienced the same things that some of us have.
And I'm not going to think poorly of you either. I'm friends with a couple of people who are... umm.. politically adverse to me.

But one last point in regards to the actual debate and a direct counter to the innocent people being hurt because of drug consumption (which much of which would go away with decriminalization) - what about innocent people (http://www.rrfaae.com/wordpress/2007/no-knocks-are-a-no-go) and cops (http://hamptonroads.com/2008/01/fatal-shooting-officer-leaves-neighborhood-numb) getting hurt because of no-knock warrants going down due to bad information. I'll be blunt, I don't participate in drug deals or consume, but at the same time, if someone is breaking into my house, shots will be fired. I'm not going to wait and find out if it's a cop who made an honest mistake based on bad information or if it's some guy pretending to be law enforcement. The whole drug war has brought about these nasty little things called no-knock warrants that certainly butt heads with castle-doctrine.

Ah, dinner calls. Steaks have been seasoned and I need a shower. First day back to the gym kicked my rear.

Had steaks myself today. Damn good. As for the PT requirements, what are they? Also, working out with a buddy helps immensely.

So again, in my three examples of personal experience, you say it is their own fault?

How so?
Sorry, had that post on the editor for a while while I was watching the Red Wings game. Entered it and didn't check till the game got over. My bad

Sinister Angel
05-11-08, 12:28 AM
There's no such thing as victimless crime. After you've burned your brains out with drugs and all you can do is sit around and poop in your pants you've put it on your family or the taxpayers to feed you and care for you 24/7. We don't leave the addicted idiots to die in the gutter which is what it would take for SA's philosophy to fly. Just another example of shallow thinking.

The family argument might be able to be made, but I sure as hell don't want my tax money going to some dumbshit who fried his brain on LSD.

Night Wolf
05-11-08, 07:02 AM
DEA gig would be pretty cool. I've heard if you can get into the DEA and be an aircraft mechanic for them that you would really have it made.... they've got quite a wide range of aircraft....

dkozloski
05-11-08, 01:23 PM
DEA gig would be pretty cool. I've heard if you can get into the DEA and be an aircraft mechanic for them that you would really have it made.... they've got quite a wide range of aircraft....
The best part about working on government aircraft is that the FAA regulations don't apply. Each agency has their own rules that may or may not be less restrictive. The planes still have to be flown within the ATC rules but maintenance and modifications are an entirely different animal.

Rolex
05-11-08, 09:15 PM
Damnitt. I speeled "off" wrong.

I fixxeed it fur yu. ;)

And as always good luck. I believe you'd be a great asset to any LEO agency. Keep us posted.