: Ipod & Navi Lock Pick Which To Order, Buying One Asap! Please Help!

larry_chip
05-08-08, 12:03 AM
Hi Guys I Have Some Extra Money This Week & I Need to buy this thing

http://coastaletech.com/GMX320.htm - Scroll to the bottom and you'll find the below listed:

THE A/V1600 INTERFACE CABLE

$55.00

THIS CUSTOM CABLE IS MUCH REQUESTED BY INSTALLERS

PLUGS INTO THE BACK OF THE RADIO

PROVIDES AUDIO AND VIDEO INPUT ON AUX CAPABLE RADIOS

PROVIDES AUDIO AND VIDEO OUTPUT - NOW YOU CAN SEND THE SOUND AND PICTURE FROM YOUR NAV DVD PLAYER TO YOUR HEADREST MONITORS OR REAR ENTERTAINMENT SCREENS!!

THIS IS A FULL "T" HARNESS WITH FACTORY MALE AND FEMALE CONNECTORS - COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS ALREADY PRESENT

Because i have 2 9inch headrest moniters that came from my 07 suburban & i want to put them in the EXT & I thought since i'm going to take apart my dash to hook this up to the back of teh radio i might as well order the lock pick for the ipod & navi now,

this topic really confused the shit out of me because theres like 20 diffrent lockpics out on the market & i dont know which to get, i want to unlock everything & i want my ipod to work in my 65k truck! (my silverado was 25k & has a ipod jack!) so you guys know more then me! Tell me which to order & i will. Thanks.

hcvone
05-08-08, 08:20 AM
Many are made by coastal, and many people including myself have had problems with the Nav lockpick and the Ipod unit. My Ipod lockpicks from them have worked pretty well.

roccos_van
05-08-08, 02:47 PM
I dont use any of coastal's junk. I have a nav-tv unlock unit but that is only for dvd override - it won't unlock phone, xm or nav. The ipod lockpick is a t-harness unit which hooks up through the XM tuner; they should not interfere with each other. I would use the scoshe ipod kit, not the coastal kit, although i do believe the ipod kit from coastaletech seems to work quite well for most members.

larry_chip
05-08-08, 07:01 PM
dose anyone make just 1 unit that dose it all? Ipod, dvd unlock, rear cam unlock & navi unlock?

larry_chip
05-12-08, 02:08 AM
so i guess theres no all-in-1 for blue tooth, ipod, navi unlock & dvd unlock? i guess im going to go with the coastal.

ESVlover
05-14-08, 06:19 PM
I dont know why everyone is trashing the Coastal Lockpicks.

I have both the IPOD/IPHONE and DVD/NAV installed in a 2008 Escalade ESV, and they both work without trouble.

Palomar9
05-15-08, 12:50 AM
I dont know why everyone is trashing the Coastal Lockpicks. I have both the IPOD/IPHONE and DVD/NAV installed in a 2008 Escalade ESV, and they both work without trouble.

If you spend a little time reading the related threads, you will clearly understand why Coastal gets a lot of negative press in this forum.

wycoff22
05-30-08, 01:53 PM
yeah there are very few that actually like there products but if it works great b/c its stupid you can't change your destination while moving

sosoguju
10-24-08, 11:57 PM
I dont know why everyone is trashing the Coastal Lockpicks.

I have both the IPOD/IPHONE and DVD/NAV installed in a 2008 Escalade ESV, and they both work without trouble.

Which lockpick do you have? I have the iPhone 3g, will it work with that too?