: XM Sat Deals?

simplemind
05-07-08, 05:08 PM
Anyone have experience dealing with XM? I had heard there was a $77/yr deal floating around. With the quality of XM :annoyed:, hardly worth $13/mo.

hcvone
05-07-08, 08:40 PM
I think I am paying 8.95 a month, I have multi cars/trucks, never thought I would pay for radio, but to me it's worth it.

Norcuron
05-07-08, 09:09 PM
Try registering online and using the code XMSCION03 should get you 3 months free, $77/yr and no activation fee.

Norcuron

simplemind
05-07-08, 10:46 PM
Since subscriptions are tied to a radio ID #, I couldn't figure out how to use the code......just goes directly to CC info. :rant2:

Norcuron
05-08-08, 09:17 PM
No biggie....Call their 800 number and they should accept that code on the phone.

bodisnatcher
05-09-08, 02:44 PM
Anyone have experience dealing with XM? I had heard there was a $77/yr deal floating around. With the quality of XM :annoyed:, hardly worth $13/mo.

I love my XM. I wish they still had the NASCAR channel though. I have a boom box for the home that shares a reciever with my work van and then the one that came with the Escalade. What quality issues have you had?

Dewayne

Rolex
05-13-08, 04:54 AM
No biggie....Call their 800 number and they should accept that code on the phone.

Interesting username. The same as Vecuronium the ndnmb?

Rolex
05-13-08, 04:57 AM
Here's the script and instructions to get the $77/year deal I used off another forum:

Then call the 800-682-4114 number and read the script: "Hello. My subscription to XM Radio has expired but I just got a flyer with a special offer. I would like to take advantage of this offer for $77 for a year.

The old promotion code, "zwinback", according to recent posters who secured the deal, is no longer needed. If they ask for the radio code, give that to them. They WILL ask for it because that's the only way they can turn it on. If you had, in fact, gotten a flyer, it would have your radio code printed on it so have it handy. You can always get your radio code by tuning your XM radio to channel 0.

If at first you don't succeed, try again. Most people get it on the first try but others required 2 or 3 calls to different Customer Service reps.

Yes, you CAN get it over and over again. Many of us are on our third year at $77. But NOTE: This is not a front door, well known promotion. It is a quiet deal to get old customers back who have canceled. If you jump on the phone and say that you heard about this deal on the Internet/Acurazine, you might just kill the Golden Goose. Be considerate of those coming behind you.

Lastly: as you will read, the SCRIPT works. If you don't follow it, you're on your own. Take the time to read the instructions for best results.

Here's a link to the flyer:

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1835022

simplemind
05-13-08, 12:21 PM
Thanks peeps, my subscription hasn't expired yet, when it does, shortly, I will try the recs!

TSS
05-13-08, 12:51 PM
I got the actual flyer and took advantage of it. Also, despite what the flyer says (link above), I got 77.00 a year AND no activation fee.... the flyer indicates two options: A. 77 per year OR B. 3 months free and no activation fee.

I think they waited until my XM was actually cancelled/expired to send it. I wonder what happens if you say you got the flyer, but your XM is still "on"......

scroitoru
07-16-08, 03:38 PM
just got off the phone with these XM guys/ladies. After I asked about some discounts, customer retention and other bla bla, without any success, I just mentioned the $ 77. She just said "OK. No problem. But remember, this is only a one time deal". I said "OK. Just bill me for now" Cool.

Thanks guys.
The driving experience was kind of dull after my promotional expired.

07Lambert
07-25-08, 03:51 PM
Got this email with this header from XM back in May. I this received after I cancelled. I had multiple receivers and was tired of them.
Come back to XM for $4.00 a month [T2008052000WJS060]

TSS
07-25-08, 04:21 PM
Got this email with this header from XM back in May. I this received after I cancelled. I had multiple receivers and was tired of them.
Come back to XM for $4.00 a month [T2008052000WJS060]

Can't open the email. But I had a similar offer. Come back for 4.00 a month for like 4 months, then goes to usual rate, or some other discounted rate. 77/year was ultimately better, as early cancellation gets back prorated amounts anyway. If you don't like XM, no price would be worth it. I like it to the extent of $6.41 per month. I get at least that much enjoyment.

simplemind
08-02-08, 11:31 AM
FWIW, got the renewal card in the mail, 5 days later got a call from XM. They offwered same deal as on the card. I said "no, don't think I'm NOT interested right now because of the changes that might occur w/ Sirius...... but I'd go with the $77 deal and take my chances". She said "fine, give me a CC # and your good for another year", so no hassles so far!
Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup: