: escalade 07 front bumper replacement, please help!

bcchen
05-07-08, 03:40 PM
hey guys,

not sure if any of you are familiar with autobody repair for the newer black 07 escalade, but my bumper has a big crack (hit a small fire hydrant going 5 mph) and i need it replaced.... i was thinking of either paying cash or insurance depending on the damage...

b/c ive been super busy lately, i havent had time to take it for an estimate but do any of you guys know how much it should cost up front? im thinking paying cash if its around 1 grand, and going via insurance if its 1500+....

any input will be helpful! keep in mind, its a clean front bumper replacement... no damage anywhere else.

thanks in advance.

tw0053
05-07-08, 07:06 PM
hey guys,

not sure if any of you are familiar with autobody repair for the newer black 07 escalade, but my bumper has a big crack (hit a small fire hydrant going 5 mph) and i need it replaced.... i was thinking of either paying cash or insurance depending on the damage...

b/c ive been super busy lately, i havent had time to take it for an estimate but do any of you guys know how much it should cost up front? im thinking paying cash if its around 1 grand, and going via insurance if its 1500+....

any input will be helpful! keep in mind, its a clean front bumper replacement... no damage anywhere else.

thanks in advance.

Unluckily, after having my 07 Escalade for only 2 months, I was driving through a construction zone while the workers were picking up the cones and throwing them in the truck. Well one didn't make it in the truck and while I was driving by I ran over it going like 35 mph. Needles to say, my bumper needed to be replaced and it was somewhere between $1400 and $1500. I had the dealership do it and it was a big mistake. I don't know about your dealership, but mine doesn't have a body guy worth a damn. I had to take it back multiple times for them to get it looking halfway decent. I even had to have them repaint it. So when you get it done, I suggest you take it somewhere professional.

jason1214
05-08-08, 05:15 PM
I had mine in an 05 EXT replaced for 800.00 Total, including painting. They told me a a body shop that this isnt a do it yourself type job since there are these air bag sensors to hook up etc....and that could be dangerous etc...so I let them do it at a private body shop.

TBW
05-09-08, 03:56 PM
I had to remove my front bumper and grille on my EXT to replace the factory grille with an Asanti grille kit. (the grille is incorporated in the front bumper) My local shop and I did the work. The grille and bumper were not hard to remove just time consuming. I dont recall having to mess with any sensors for airbags. Check Ebay for a bumper as I have seen them many times on there for sale. The hardest part is separating the grille from the bumper because of the plastic clips that hold them together. If you have the time and a friend to help you it would save you a few hundred dollars to remove it yourself and then replace.

wycoff22
05-30-08, 02:20 PM
try putting a platinum bumper on it looks sooo sick